“Will never stay there again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Athens

Super 8 Athens
You added Super 8 Athens to your Saves list
Super 8 Athens
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1325 Highway 72 East, I-65 Exit 351 Westside, Athens, AL 35611 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights, Save 25%
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Medina, Ohio, United States
“Will never stay there again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This room was by far the worst we have ever stayed in. The TV remote off and on button did not work and the picture was all green. The pocket door to the shower/toilet was stuck inside the wall and we had to jiggle it for about 10 min. to work it loose. In order for the toilet to flush, you had to hold down the handle. I would not take off my socks, the carpet was nasty and the room had a smell that we finally figured out was the left over smoke order, even though we had a non smoking room.

You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HITESH P, Manager at Super 8 Athens, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to do review at TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our service. I am truly sorry that I failed to provide you with my very best. I have discussed this situation with my entire staff to ensure it is not repeated. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to our area. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Auburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Some minor problems such as no microwave in room, refrigerator needed defrosting, TV station list was wrong.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The first room he sent us to looked like a tornado had hit it. It had not been cleaned and it was 930 pm. So i went back to get a different room. We should have known it was bad because it stunk like ciggarettes. The room had change on the floor so it wasn't vaccuumed. The bathroom was disgusting and our bathroom door wouldn't shut. The worst part for me was the dry boogers on the wall by the bed. Needless to say we did not even bother with their breakfast. This place definitely ruined my opinion of super 8

• Stayed July 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family stayed here on our way to Florida and were sadly disappointed. We were greeted by a smell of smoke in the lobby followed by a very musty smell in our room. The sheets were questionable and the bathroom was dirty. We will not go back!

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
BEST WESTERN Athens Inn
3.5 of 5 stars 82 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Athens

Been to Super 8 Athens? Share your experiences!