“On response to the mangers comments on my review.” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Athens
“On response to the mangers comments on my review.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I previously commented about my stay St the best western. I wanted to clarify on the comments of the manager about my review. First of all. My reservation with the days inn "down the road" was for a pet room. When we got the hotel. Hotels.com booked it as a smoking room since the hotel was fivqe had no choice but to switch hotels. That's when I went to the best western. Do I'm not sure where the idea that I was kicked out came From. Second I did attempt to fix the issue with my dog. But As I stated before, it was let go. I at no point hide the fact that I had a dog in my room. I walked around the entire property with him and at one point had him in the pool area with family. In the situation with the charges. My card was charged or deified for the amounts I posted. But was unnecessary. I'm offended by the verbal Attack by the manger saying "they felt sorry for me". I have 3 small children, we were asked to leave during an active tornado warning. My children and I were afraid, and we had no choice but to travel in this weather to sleep At my brothers house. I feel like my review should not be reviewed as this shy this website is here. My situation
May never happen to anyone else. But it did happen to me and I feel like it should be known. My money has been returned. But I am still very upset with the entire stay, and the mangers aqusations about my other reservations and the reasons with my upset about the hotel in present.

• Stayed September 2012
WESTERN B, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Guest stayed at the property after being kicked out of another hotel for not disclosing a pet, this information was disclosed by the guest when questioned about the dog she had in her room, the guest signed a folio stating she did not have a pet, and that there was a fee of $150.00 for non dis closure of a pet in a non pet designated room. Guest disconneted the phone line in her room and also hung a Do Not Disturb sign on her door so housekeeping would not discover the pet dog in a cage. We sold the room next door which had an adjoining door to the guest with the dog, and when the new guest called the desk said they heard a dog crying and barking they called the desk at which time management went into the room and found the pet in a cage, phone line disconnected, etc. we have a sign at the counter that discloses this fee and violation of hotel pet policy, if the guest said she had a pet, we had pet desinated rooms available and she would of only had to pay the $20.00 + tx fee, instead we have a $150.00 fee for non disclosure which covers cost of stripping everything out of room and black lighting and sanitizing wanding all area of the room, this cost us money in man hours and labor. When guest violate policies, they a re responsible for consequences, this is such a case. As this guest felt that it would be better to criticise the property by going on this sight for something she herself violated, If we dont enforce rules and policies,and there would be no need to have them and people will never learn. Are intentions are not to offend anyone as this is bad business but we want the truth to be known. Thanks Mgmt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Creston, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed there after being booked wrong at another hotel. I had a pet, I forgot to mention it, so I called to the office to fix it with the clerk. He said he would "pretend he didn't hear that" so I assumed it was not a big deal to have my small dog. After a day of being there, I come back and was asked to leave because of my dog. Now the fun part. They charged my card $394.89 when I checked out, when my original cost was suppose to be $250. Then they continued to charge my card over the next 2 days for $141.04, then $172.22. With a grant total of $708.15 for 2 nights in the hotel, the last night being asked to leave and having to sleep in the floor with 3 kids since I lived 8 hours away and had no where else to stay for the night. The manager said some fee's were charged but were going to be placed back on my card. That was 3 days ago, and I have seen more charges come out of my account, and no credit at all. So unless you can let your money just be thrown away. Then don't even bother staying here. Or atleast make sure the staff is not being shady while your there and not doing there job right. Thanks to them, I have no way to pay my bills this month since I ended up giving them $708.15 for 2 nights.. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Fort Wright, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year. We returned again this year on our way home from Panama City on 8/7. We chose to stay here again because of the location and proximity to restaurants in walking distance. The rooms are also very nice and clean. Only 2 issues: a number of the TV channels came up with blank screens with a message "channel not available." And there was a very squeaky bed. My husband tosses and turns quite a bit, so this was a bit noisy through the night. On our reservation we requested a bottom floor room because our son is autisic and that seemed to be a very quiet room last year. I was greeted so nicely at check-in by the young lady at the front desk. It looked like they were waiting for us because she pulled a set of keys in the envelope that she appeared to have set aside for us for our bottom floor room. Very nice!! Check in took less than a minute! We enjoyed a dinner at Applebee's next door and a comfortable night's sleep. We'll stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
WESTERN B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens Inn, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 256-233-4030.

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We booked two rooms with king-sized beds. Arrived very tired and were treated courteously. The staff applied our AAA discount for us with no problem. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The showers were clean and worked well. I'd stay here again - a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WESTERN B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012

Rushville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for a night traveling from Florida to Indiana. We had a flat tire immediately upon pulling onto the property from metal I had run over in the road in front of the property. GM Slash Patel and the entire staff were the most helpful and congenial people we have ever met on the road. They did every thing from offering to change the tire to letting me borrow a car to check on a new tire at a Goodyear store in town to unhooking and rehooking the trailer I was pulling. We are most thankful and will stay there from now on when we are traveling that route. Cheers to you all! Rick and Alice W.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Gainesville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here one night during my weekly trip. This location is right off I-65, with other hotels and plenty of places to eat. The is a gravel lot across the street( behind Hardees) where big rigs can park. The staff was really nice and helpful. I was in room 221, and the a/c was barely working. They immediately moved me to another room after calling, and the a/c there was a little better. The room was nicely appointed, but a little small. The mattress was really thin and worn, really could use replacement. good water pressure. The breakfast was really good, and was busy with lots of guests. The lady working the breakfast area did a great job keeping everything full. Older location, just needs a few upgrades.

Room Tip: pretty quiet for the location.