“Chef loved” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Families with children, Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Clark's Restaurant is located just off I-65 and highway 72 behind Raceway. We serve fine dining & comfort food at afforable prices. The atmoshpere is bright and cheerful with quiet music that allow you to converse with your guests. We have consistantly maintained a high 90s health rating for the 5 years we have been open. All our food is cooked fresh with the finest ingredients. We have children's items available.
Livonia, Michigan
“Chef loved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I went here last week because the employees at the hotel behind it said to check it out. I am a Detroit area chef and have been in the business for a long while. Although we only had burgers I have to say the best yet anywhere. My girlfriend in gluten free and they did a wonderful job with her. The interior made me feel like I was in my grandmothers Italian home, loved it! O will be spreading the word to everyone I know. Keep up the great work, we will be back. Chef Tom Kaczmarek the gluten free guru

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bloomington, Indiana
“Home cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We ordered carryout and everything we had was like grandma cooked it. Delicious! Dry county. The place is too brightly lit though, but it looks and feels like you're sitting in a southern kitchen having a meal.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hershey, PA
“Frozen, out of the box shrimp.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Extremely disappointed. Ltd menu, watery iced tea, lousy frozen shrimp-you know, the kind that has been flattened out by a machine? I would have thought that with such a ltd menu, everything would be homemade.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ardmore
“Delicious Food from a Locally Owned Restuarant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My grandparents and I had lunch there yesterday and we all LOVED our dishes. The Hot Ruben sandwich was loaded with meat, cheese, special sauce and just the righ amount of sauerkraut. It was toast right and smelled so good! My grandmother and I had the Tomato Stuffed with Crab Salad and it was excellent. Well seasoned, full of crab and just the right amount of dill loaded into a large ripe tomato- yum! We haven't had a bad meal there yet, 5 years and counting. It is fresh, homemade and wonderful.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Heflin AL
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

The food and service were both excellent. We went with friends on a Sunday morning and we were immediately seated. My friend and I had fried shrimp and it was delicious; our husbands had prime rib and they were pleased as well. The service was geat and our food was served hot. The restaurant was quiet so we could have conversation with our friends and that is always nice. We will definitely go back!

• Visited July 2012