“Awesome fried green tomatoes” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Eastaboga
“Awesome fried green tomatoes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The fried green tomatoes and wedge salad are great. The decorating was gorgeous. Try the house white wine, it is nice.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

north_alabama
“Decent lunch, a shade pricy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Wife and I stopped here after biking the Richard Martin Trail in Elmont AL. Located in small strip mall. Interior was not very large so it could get crowded, Had a small bar area separated from dining area. Wife ordered bruscheta and a cup of soup, I ordered the grill burger with side salad and a side of steak fries. Only one server working at the time but there were not many people so the service was pretty good. Since it was Wednesday the wine was half price so I had a glass and the wife had a local brewed beer. Wife said the sausage soup was okay and the bruscheta average. My burger was excellent, the salad was average at best and the steak fries were pretty good. I believe the dinner menu offers better selections and would like to come back to try it for dinner. Our total came to close to $40 so seemed a shade pricey for a burger and soup lunch but we did have wine and beer.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Alabama
“Great Food Very consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Have eaten at Picasso's several times, the Southern chicken is my favorite dish always consistent and well presented. Only complaint i have is they serve no bread with your meal but other than that i would recommend. It is the best place to eat in Athens by a long shot.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Athens, Alabama, United States
“Did some lady just complain that the ketchup was not homemade?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I think some of the reviewers here might have some kind of agenda if they rate this restaurant low. Yes its small, its in a strip mall. and there's not enough people in Athens to sustain a restaurant like this in a large building. I actually like that is small. It helps with the atmosphere IMHO. Yes the bar is in the back and the tables are in the front. If you had small kids would YOU want to march them by the bar to get to your table? Who ever said that the food was not the highlight has to be on crack. That's the main reason of going! With daily specials on food AND drinks you have refreshing choices without having a huge menu to have to choose from. (And between you me and the walls if its a little later in the night and they don't have exactly what your feeling, you can sometimes get the chef to whip you up something special.) The first time I went I had the steak tips and cheese grits OMG it was so tasty! They make all of their own dressings and I believe their own tarter sauce. I can't believe some lady had the gall to complain that the KETCHUP was not home made. For real? Lady did your precious Pauli's make their own ketchup? If so that might be why they went out of business. And God forbid no, there is no cod in the TN. River. But what they can the get locally. I know that they had a local lady came in with home grown fresh strawberries and something else from out of her garden. If i understand correctly they bought from her and her little girl. I don't have a ton of money to spend but I do not consider Picasso's overpriced. I never go home hungry. I was having a rough day the other day and sat down with an order of loaded gravy steak fries. It ended up just being over $8. Keep in mind that was with a drink and I didn't have to order any more food because i was FULL! I feel sorry for the people expecting Pauli's. It's true Picasso's is no Pauli's. After all Pauli's was over priced and you ended up going home hungry because of the small portions due to their "true fine dining experience." I like the decor inside. The painted tree limbs help break the room up and the little red birds are darling. I had to chuckle at the lady who complained that she did not see any Picasso influence and her husband mentioned something Picasso looking on the wall. The part I had to chuckle at was it was probably the 2 Picasso prints on the wall they were talking about. The staff is very friendly and I have seen one of the owners there each time I have been there. I don't know them personally but after going there a few times I FEEL like I know them personally. Just take the time to go there yourself. You wont be disappointed!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to Picasso's Grill for girls/moms night out with several friends.
Had the Blue Cheese Steak sandwhich and it was yummy! A little on the small side but filling. (Might not be enough for a man)
Our waitress was attentive and nice.
The decor is a bit interesting. Everything is new and clean. The main colors are black & red which comes off a bit Asian restaurant but I think they are possible going for a Spanish(Flamenco dancer red) in line with Picasso's home country. This was the topic of our dinner conversation for sometime as we just couldn't figure out what was going on with the decor:)
Nice option for quiet dinner.

• Visited March 2013