“Great BBQ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of LawLers Barbecue

LawLers Barbecue
1506 Highway 72 East, In front of Cracker Barrel, Athens, AL 35611 (Formerly Lawler's Barbecue Express III)
+1 256-233-1818
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 91 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at Exit 351 on Interstate 65...a favorite stop for anyone headed North or South on the interstate. Just across from McDonalds. GPS address is 1506 Highway 72 East, Athens AL 35611
Tishomingo, Mississippi
“Great BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Cannot pass through Athens, AL, without getting a couple of pulled pork sandwiches from Lawler's. They also have other BBQ meats, such as, ribs, chicken, and beef with various side items to choose from. Very affordable prices, hospitable employees, drive-thru service, and conveniently located just off of the interstate (I-65). Highly recommend if traveling in the area.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

NW Florida
“Friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Lawlers has excellent barbeque, and a very friendly staff. This was convenient to our hotel and the interstate. It is not a fancy establishment (you order at the counter), but it was a great experience none the less, especially for the reasonable prices. We will go back when we're passing through the area again.

• Visited July 2014
Hobart, IN
“Great BBQ food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had stopped here before and ate when we came through Athens. We loved the BBQ turkey plate which comes with sides and a roll. The meat is so tender it practically melts in your mouth and it is real turkey. They have the BBQ sauces on the table so you can choose the flavor BBQ sauce you want and the amount you want to put on. We like the sweet and tangy. All the sides are delicious and everything tastes homemade. They have great ice tea too. The staff is very friendly and helpful . Not a very big place, but very worth the stop and it is close to the I -65 and 72 exit. We will definitely stop again! I only wish we could have been able to take some home with us.

• Visited April 2014
Wisconsin
“Convenient for travelers, great service, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Traveling north on I-65, we chose this exit for a lunch stop, because of signage showing a variety of fast food places…..then spotted LawLers and we both agreed that we'd give it a try, for something different. Great service at the counter from "Clara K", and despite a steady stream of customers, food was ready quickly. My wife said her "Stuffie Potato" was excellent, and my Pork Sandwich was good, but not (to me) outstanding. If passing this way again, we'd visit again, with my wife having the same, but me trying something different.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bowling Green, KY
“My Favorite BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Well it used to be until I had bariatric surgery! Love their BBQ and sides. Quick and cheap, but full of flavor. Their turkey BBQ is my favorite and their white sauce is amazing. The Turkey Stuffie Potato was my favorite for years-a potato as big as your face stuffed with about a stick of butter, sour cream, real cheddar cheese, meat and scallions. Douse that sucker in white sauce and wash it down with some sweet tea and you are on your way to an early grave with a smile!

Visited January 2014