“Daughter's & Grand Kid's Stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens, I-65 (Huntsville Area)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65

AAA Members save 10%
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am Christina's dad and a 100% disabled veteran. Chrissy, my other 2 twin daughters and my grandkid's had driven from Cincinnati, OH to Gulf Shores, AL straight through (approx. 13 hrs.) originally. I wanted them on there return to Cincinnati to stay somewhere overnight so I reserverved the the two rooms at the Hampton Inn & Suites I-65 (Huntsville Area) so they wouldn't have to drive straight through. THEY LOVED IT --- especially the Staff, Swimming, Easy location off I-65, and the wonderful breakfast. They wanted me to escpecially acknowledge, Molly, Devon, Colleen & Pamela. I think they enjoyed your Hotel more than their Beach stay :-). I was happy to do it for them, and when they visit their cousin's family again in Gulf Shores , AL, my 3 daughters and my grandkids will definately stay at this Hotel Going Down and Returning instead of driving down straight through after their great experience. I couldn't go, but I certainly appreciate Molly in working out the reservations with me for my daughter's and grandkids. Kudo's to all including the Manager who I think they said her name was Phyllis. Kudo's to all at this facility. Robert Gingras.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
" THEY LOVED IT --- especially the Staff, Swimming," is great to read. We hope you will be able to stop here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 on your next trip. Thank you for your review and your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Needed a hotel near I-65 for a multi-day business trip. Newer Hampton Inn & Suites with great modern design. Staff and service was standard and friendly. Did find it difficult to find a parking spot however. Not much to do in the area but perfect for what I needed on this trip.

• Stayed July 2013
Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 we were happy to read we were perfect for your needs on your last trip. Thank you for your business and for your great review.
Columbus, OH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

This Hampton is newer (2-3 yrs) and has a modern art deco vibe that is tasteful decorated, spacious and super clean. They serve one of the freshest complimentary breakfasts that I've ever found and it offered many healthy options. The service from everyone was friendly and helpful!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Your comment "They serve one of the freshest complimentary breakfasts that I've ever found and it offered many healthy options" is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you for your great review.
Tuscaloosa, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Well run, clean hotel. Staff was VERY accommodating of us. Let us have a place to change clothes for a wedding four hours after checkout. I was extremely appreciative. Plenty of restaurants nearby. NICE guest rooms.

Room Tip: All three we had were equally nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Well run, clean hotel. Staff was VERY accommodating of us, is a great compliment to our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you so much for such a nice review and we hope to be hosting you again soon.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel was not what I expected in a small town like Athens. It is right off I-65 and in a very convenient location. The staff were great, the hotel room was impeccable and clean. Internet was fast. Large walk in showers are a nice treat. There are several restaurants in the same parking lot area. ALl in all , if I ever have to go thru AL again, I will make it a point to stop here again !

Room Tip: This place needs no special tips. All in all, you cannot go wrong any which way here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 we would like to thank you for your statement ALL in all , if I ever have to go thru AL again, I will make it a point to stop here again ! We look forward to your next visit!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Typical Hampton Hotel, with the usual amenities. Located right off the expressway, makes a great stop for those traveling through the state. The King bed was comfortable, and the room was cleaned to the Hampton standards. Our room only had a shower; did not have a tub at all, which is unusual for a non-handicap suite. Towels were a bit threadbare, but shower was good. Our only complaint was the set up of the breakfast room. It is obviously decorated with large groups and business travelers in mind, as there are very few private tables; one is forced to sit with a group or very close to others at long bench type settings. Not a huge fan of this, especially for anyone not accustomed to dining with strangers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very sorry for the fact that you were uncomfortable during breakfast. Be assured that we are sharing your concerns with all appropriate management so that corrective measures are taken where feasible. We sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. With that said we are glad that you liked the other aspects of our hotel.

We hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you better in the future
Janesville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was a perfect hotel to stay at while traveling with our family. The suite had two Queen beds and a sofa sleeper which was perfect so our son and daughter each had their own bed. The complimentary breakfast was also good. The kids really enjoyed being able to make their own waffles in a waffle iron for breakfast. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Very clean!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Your comment "This was a perfect hotel to stay at while traveling with our family" is a great compliment for our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will staying with us again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65? Share your experiences!