“Excellent staff, great clean rooms, good breakfast. Perfect stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65

Special Offer
AAA Members save 10%
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Lewisville, No
“Excellent staff, great clean rooms, good breakfast. Perfect stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was one of the nicest of the Hampton Inns I've stayed at. The room was clean and fresh, and staff were friendly. We came in late after a long drive, and the lady at the desk was great. She really made my 3 year old's day, when she let him "check in" and pick out his hospitality treat. :) Breakfast was good, internet worked great. I had no complaints with this stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our staff and hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Your comment "This was one of the nicest of the Hampton Inns I've stayed at," means a lot to us. We always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you again for posting such a pleasant review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
LaGrange
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

It is right off the highway. Staff was very welcoming. The rooms were what you would expect at a Hampton and the bed was very comfy. Breakfast was great and the entire facility was clean. We will not hesitate to stay there again

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
It is good to hear you would not hesitate to stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 again. We look forward to your next visit and hope you can stay with us a little longer. Thank you for posting such a nice review.
Port Huron, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Hampton Inns are not upscale hotels but they offer clean, warm, comfortable lodging while traveling. The Athens Hampton is the nicest of the many I've stayed at. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was a nice size, very comfortable, quiet and clean. The furniture was a bit nicer than that of other Hampton Inns I've stayed at recently.

After a long drive, its nice to have hot drinks readily available when you arrive, along with friendly staff to help you get your bearings as to what is available in the area (mainly restaurants and fast food). After a good nights sleep, the Athens Hampton had a nice variety of hot and cold foods available in the breakfast area. For my wife, who likes to sleep in, they offered "go bags" with fruit and muffins which she was happy to have as we went on our way.

We'll definitely stay here again on our way to the Alabama shore.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
It was nice to see you liked our go bags here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, they do come in handy. We also look forward to your next trip through our area. Thank you for your nice review.
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton with all the usual Hampton-ish things. Nice indoor pool. Great breakfast with all the regular hot items, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal, coffee, juice etc. You won't leave here hungry!
There are a lot of places to eat at this exit (Cracker Barrel, Mc D's, etc).

Only complaint would be the price - it is a bit pricey for the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
 Your complimentary review of our hotel is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.
Midwest family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Two lovely young ladies welcomed us to this Hampton on a late Sunday evening. They were pleasant, smiling, and helpful. Hotel was newer and decorated in a swank style. Rooms were standard Hampton as was the breakfast. After a long day of driving, we older folks enjoyed seeing the smiles of the check in gals. I would recommend this Hampton to anyone driving I65 in this area. Easy to access from highway.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65.
Your compliment will be shared with our two smiling desk clerks. It is always nice to know you are doing a good job. Thank you for your review.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hotel is less than adequate, don't stay in room 426 due to noisy equipment on the roof. Staff is friendly, breakfast is on par with Best Western and Holiday inn. Plenty of Hot Chocolate, spiced apple cider and tea packs.

Room Tip: stay out of 426
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We sincerely regret the disturbance from the roof. On your next visit, we would be happy to assign one of our quieter rooms upon request. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stay at the Hampton a couple of times a year. It is always an above average stay. Rooms are always clean, staff is exceptional and the breakfast is great. This is a hotel that knows what to do. It is a great value and in a really convenient location off I-65. There are a number of decent restaurants nearby. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for saying our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 is “Always a winner”. Thank you for such a nice review.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65? Share your experiences!