“Very nice & new property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members save 10%
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Atlanta, GA
“Very nice & new property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed one night for business. Checked into a standard two queen room. A bit disappointed as a diamond member, i wasn't upgraded to a different room. A business partner I was travelling with had a coupon from a motel travel brochure and paid less than i did for his room, had no prior reservation, isn't an honnors member and was given a large two queen suite. Anyway, the room and overall facility were very clean, breakfast was typical hampton fare. Room touches included towel animal/art in the bathroom. One note; rooms on the back side are very noisy due to the interstate.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are noisy due to the interstate
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
 We're always looking for ways to identify what may be potential problems and will be looking at your comments having to do with your HHonors status and coupons. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed in most of the area hotels since my grandmother lives in the vicinity. The Holiday Inn Express is very nice, but the Hampton is even better. This is a newer facility, and it is spotlessly clean. The beds in our king room were very comfy, and the bathroom was large and extremely clean. There was even a cute towel arrangement in the shape of a dress shirt and tie on the bathroom counter waiting for us! Breakfast was ample and hot.

This is the place you want to stay in Athens. It is great for business, overnight stays or family trips.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the towel arrangement during your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Please return often!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We stopped en route to our home along the gulf. We had driven 14hrs and were exhausted. I'd called ahead after reviewing this hotel on trip advisor and also its ease of location on and off the highway I-65. We have a family of four-- and twins don't like to share a bed. I talked with Colleen and she recommended a queen queen suite because they have a sleeper sofa. They had one left and it was perfect for our family. We had tons of space and two sink areas because they had a mini kitchen in this room. We stayed in 325. Perfect room and so comfortable. She honored our silver elite status at IHG and gave us a nice rate. Breakfast was also a surprise in that it was great. Omlettes were terrific. Coffee was great too. Thanks again. Great stay before we head home. I was so gla to be back in Alabama and experience the hospitality at this hotel. I have condos along gulf and will recommend this hotel to all of my snowbirds as they make their way south.

• Stayed November 2012
Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you for recommending us to your snow bird friends too. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.
Anniston, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I've stayed at the Hampton several times and it's always very pleasant. The rooms are modern, clean, and very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would recommend the Hampton to anyone needing a room in Athens.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
 Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We pride ourselves in being service professionals! . Please return often!
Dayton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Four of us shared a studio with two queen beds with a sitting area which was very comfortable for one night. Had we needed to stay longer privacy would have been an issue as the sink with the blow dryer was out in the open and not behind closed doors. Nice amentities, great breakfast and very clean. Felt safe and secure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review. We have been working meticulously to ensure guest rooms are clean and comfortable, offering a relaxing place for our guests to enjoy their time at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
S.E. Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were visiting family in the area and most always can trust a Hampton Inn. The room we had was HUGE and included a sitting area, king bed, kitchenette, work space, bath and shower room seperate from the vanity area. It was beautifully decorated in modern furnishings and colors. We loved our stay. Beds were a bit firm for me, but all in all, we would stay there a month! The staff were very kind and accomadating. Noise levels were perfect. We did not hear any road noise or inside noise. We will be back for another stay on our next family visit.

Room Tip: Indoor pool and work out area were well maintained.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
We are glad to hear how much you liked our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Shelbyville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed here both going and coming back from Florida. The hotel staff was always smiling and very friendly. The hotel had everything you would need or want. The breakfast each morning was great, the dining area was always clean. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Great stay!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and hope to see you again when travel plans permit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
BEST WESTERN Athens Inn
Hampton Inn Decatur
Hampton Inn Decatur
#1 of 17 in Decatur
4.5 of 5 stars 209 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65? Share your experiences!