“Beautiful clean hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Beautiful clean hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We stay at hampton inns frequently and all are really nice. I loved this Hampton inns decor, beautiful!! I can see why they received the beautification award. Check in was smooth and agent was very friendly and hospitable :)

• Stayed August 2012
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Taking the time to give us such a nice review is greatly appreciated here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We hope to see you again when you travel back this way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pensacola,Fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while traveling north to Nashville. From the moment of arrival (which was past 10pm) we were greeted by a friendly desk clerk, Melissa and our check in was flawless and the room was outstanding! Clean, large for a standard room and the wonderful breakfast the next morning was delicious. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
The Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 would like to thank you for such a nice review. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My family reserved a couple rooms here on our way to a beach vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama. The property is very well maintained, rooms were among the nicest and cleanest anywhere, and the front desk staff was extremely helpful and friendly. We'd stay here again any day! Thanks folks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
You are very welcome and we look forward to seeing you again here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 on your next trip.
Westfield, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

I had booked a midway hotel in Franklin, TN on June 13th from Westfield,In to Birmingham,Al. The hotel on inspection was unacceptable. I had three children with me and needed something fast. I could not find anything clean,smoke and animal free at all until I got to this property. The employees were wonderful and welcoming, the room spacious, clean and quiet. Thank you Hampton Inn for being there for us in our time of need.

Room Tip: The only room I would not get is the one that backs up to the ice maker. I makes a loud clunk at the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
You are welcome. We were happy to be here for you. Please stop by our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 on your next trip.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Remove the Uniguest and just install Norton 360. Just wanted to access my usb drive and it wasn't working properly. The uniguest is totally not user friendly. A 1 minute task prompted me to make this rating.

Diamond Member since 2001

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
 Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience of Uniguest. We will take your suggestion to our management meeting.
Smiths Station Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We checked into the Hampton Inn in Athens on June7th at 8:20 P.M. We were traveling from Kentucky to our Home in Smiths Station Alabama. The Hotel itself is very nice, but the staff leaves much to be desired. I think they are all new and have not been trained. I have waited since the 8th when we checked out to see if my credit has been applied to my debit card. I tried to pay cash when we checked in and the girl at the desk said she had to run my debit card in case we had incidentals, and would I please pay cash in the morning since she could not get the computer to work and she was new. I paid cash, have my receipt , have made 10 calls to the hotel, my bank says the credit still has not shown up. The manager will not return my call. Just a heads up for anyone who plans on staying there, if you want to pay cash insist on it or find somewhere else to stay it is not worth the hassle of clearing up their mistakes, and not one apology.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Heath D, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Customer,
Thank You for your review. We are truly sorry your customer care experience left much to be desired. This is certainly not the quality of service we expect from our Guest Service Representatives, and the appropriate actions regarding training have been taken. If your issue has yet to be resolved, please contact us as soon as possible so we can rectify this situation. We are constantly working to improve our business in all areas, and we understand that it starts with Guests Satisfaction. Again, our deepest apologies for your inconvenience. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the appropriate customer service and hospitality that you deserve, and we strive to achieve.
Far West Suburbs of Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We (our family of 4) chose the Hampton Inn as our half way stop from the Western suburbs of Chicago to Seacrest Beach. We were greetly promptly upon arrival and our rooms (2) were ready. Chocolate chip cookies were tasty. Both rooms were ready, well appointed and clean. There are however no connecting rooms. We had stopped and eaten dinner in Franklin TN but there are a couple of options available in Athens including a Cracker Barrel within walking distance and a McDonalds nearby. In the morning we were awoken to the sounds of the two families who had received a room between our 2 rooms and the room across the hall from theirs. At 7:00 AM, and for the next hour, we were treated to the sounds of the doors slamming against the locks which were holding the doors open and the jungle gym the hallway had become. It would polite to remember that a hotel is not your living/family room. More of the same when it came to breakfast with little care for others. The breakfast staff had a hard time keeping up with cleaning the tables. Food was plentiful but the dining room was a mess. Again not the hotels fault. It would be nice to see people clean up a little on their own. One of our suggestions If taking a similar route to ours would be to get up around by 5 and be out of the hotel by 6 at the latest. Skip breakfast at the Hampton, no reflection on the hotel, and get something on the road. You will want to get in front of the traffic. We left at 9 and were stuck in traffic in several areas for quite a while. As everyone checks in on Saturday there is a lot of traffic. Our other suggestion would be to tey and avoid going to the grocery store on Saturday when you get to the beach. Everyone try's to shop then you are better off bringing something to eat for Saturday night and then going to the store on Sunday. Had pizza at a place call Pizza by the Sea near the Publix. Pretty bad, frozen would have quicker and better. To summarize would definitely stay at this Hampton Inn again.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
We sincerely regret the disturbance you encountered on your stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We look forward to having a second chance to exceed your expectations, and warmly welcome you back as soon as your travel plans permit. Thank you for your review.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65? Share your experiences!