“Nice Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1311 Martin Luther King Express, Andalusia, AL 36420 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Andalusia
Melrose
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

We stayed in the jacuzzi suite. The room was nice and clean. There were a few wear and tear issues, but overall it was fine. The Lady who ran the desk at night was really nice and helpful. Way too cold to try the pool.

Room Tip: If you want W-Fi, you need to pick a room close to the office. We were the last room and we could p...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Prattville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

The lobby is nice enough, but don't let that fool you. The room was smelly (almost like incense) and damp. The carpet was buckled. The comforter on the bed had suspicious stains. The microwave and refrigerator were probably over twenty-five years old, and the interior seal of the microwave had actually melted and broken off in various places. There were huge water stains with black mold above the shower. There was something on the bottom of the bathtub - maybe from the ceiling. The a/c unit was very old, and the filter area looked very dirty. Between the smell and the mold, I couldn't breathe. I returned to the front desk to politely tell the clerk I was not staying. However, she had already charged my card at check-in. (She was new, so maybe she didn't know not to do this.) She tried to get me to switch rooms, but I refused - If that room was that bad, there is no way the other rooms were better. She had to call the owner to get permission to credit my card. He wanted to talk to me personally on the phone, and he also tried to get me to switch rooms. I persisted, and he agreed to credit my card, but he wouldn't do it until he came in that night. He said he was afraid since she was new that she might accidentally charge me again. Thankfully, I didn't have any problems with the refund, and he did what he said he would do. This place is just as expensive as the nicer place in town, so go there if you can. It's not worth saving ten bucks.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Valdosta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

I have stayed at Comfort Inn previously, but have never encountered what I am about to describe. The room was very dated with marred furniture, chairs that when sat in I was concerned they would come apart and a bathroom that was not well lit. They did try to make the room look modern by installing a flat panel television to the wall which was a nice touch. Breakfast was a total disaster with the waffle maker not working and no fresh food in the heating trays. The small scoop of eggs were visually dry and brown and the few pieces of bacon in the bottom of the warming tray were equally bad. When all of this was brought to the attention of the front desk person who was minding the breakfast area, she was pleasant, but almost seemed like it was a bother.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel had a night window and they did not let you in the lobby at 10p. The clerk was very hard to understand as there seemed to be a language barrier. The room was musty and not well maintained at all. It was clean but the other factors overcame the clean. The bed was not very comfortable and the furnishings dated. I guess for a small town it was okay but it did not reach the standards of a Comfort Inn. The breakfast was okay but they had run of some things.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
North Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was in Andalusia, Alabama for business and while driving to find somewhere to eat I saw Comfort Inn. I stopped there first because while I was driving in I saw there are a couple of eating places walking distance. Since I've been driving all day that was a great excuse to get out of the car and stretch my legs. When I went into the hotel, the desk clerk had a smile on her face. She was very friendly and professional. Check in was quick and proficient. I went to my room and was pleasantly surprised that the room was clean. The bed was a dream to sleep in. Very comfortable bed with lots of pillows. The grounds was very clean and I found the pool on my walk. The pool was clean and very nice to sit beside just to relax. It was quiet and got my relaxation before I had to get on the road again the next day. The breakfast was not what I expected. The dining room was clean and the breakfast was much more than a standard continental breakfast. I would recommend anyone to this hotel. I will tell all my business partners about this hotel so if they travel this way they will stop and stay at the Comfort Inn in Andalusia, Alabama.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
tallahassee, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Between job, family, and obligations...this lady was in serious need of a place to disappear for a few days. I picked a spot on the map where I had never been, and called to ask for a room with a whirlpool tub.
I am SO GLAD that I chose the Comfort Inn in Andalusia, Alabama. The room was very quiet at the very back of the building. The staff was kind and courteous. The continental breakfast was actually better than I had expected. Oh, and the pillows were the most comfortable I had ever encountered.
I divided my time between relaxing in the whirlpool tub and driving around looking for bargains at all the weekend yard sales. It was such fun !
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, especially if you have a need to get away from the routine and let yourself just RELAX !!!

Room Tip: A good place to really "get away from it all".
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!