“This hotel was more like an Econo Lodge than Comfort Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Andalusia
Hollywood, Florida
“This hotel was more like an Econo Lodge than Comfort Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel had a night window and they did not let you in the lobby at 10p. The clerk was very hard to understand as there seemed to be a language barrier. The room was musty and not well maintained at all. It was clean but the other factors overcame the clean. The bed was not very comfortable and the furnishings dated. I guess for a small town it was okay but it did not reach the standards of a Comfort Inn. The breakfast was okay but they had run of some things.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
North Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was in Andalusia, Alabama for business and while driving to find somewhere to eat I saw Comfort Inn. I stopped there first because while I was driving in I saw there are a couple of eating places walking distance. Since I've been driving all day that was a great excuse to get out of the car and stretch my legs. When I went into the hotel, the desk clerk had a smile on her face. She was very friendly and professional. Check in was quick and proficient. I went to my room and was pleasantly surprised that the room was clean. The bed was a dream to sleep in. Very comfortable bed with lots of pillows. The grounds was very clean and I found the pool on my walk. The pool was clean and very nice to sit beside just to relax. It was quiet and got my relaxation before I had to get on the road again the next day. The breakfast was not what I expected. The dining room was clean and the breakfast was much more than a standard continental breakfast. I would recommend anyone to this hotel. I will tell all my business partners about this hotel so if they travel this way they will stop and stay at the Comfort Inn in Andalusia, Alabama.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
tallahassee, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Between job, family, and obligations...this lady was in serious need of a place to disappear for a few days. I picked a spot on the map where I had never been, and called to ask for a room with a whirlpool tub.
I am SO GLAD that I chose the Comfort Inn in Andalusia, Alabama. The room was very quiet at the very back of the building. The staff was kind and courteous. The continental breakfast was actually better than I had expected. Oh, and the pillows were the most comfortable I had ever encountered.
I divided my time between relaxing in the whirlpool tub and driving around looking for bargains at all the weekend yard sales. It was such fun !
I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, especially if you have a need to get away from the routine and let yourself just RELAX !!!

Room Tip: A good place to really "get away from it all".
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Sumpter, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here several days while in town on a family reunion. I was a bit concerned with the mixed reviews others had posted but when we checked in around 7pm, we were met by the nicest person I've met in a very long time. She was friendly, funny and super helpful. The room was clean, a bit dated but everything worked. Breakfast was better than we expected. One of our family members had to go to the hospital during our stay; the staff checked on us and made sure we had eveything we needed. They really treated us like family; could not have asked for more. I plan to stay here for all our future trips to Andalusia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Laurel Hill, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is the only place I stay when I’m in Andalusia. Rooms are clean, safe parking, staff/management are helpful and friendly. Nice swimming pool, good hot breakfast, and close to all the restaurants. This is what I expect from choice hotels.

Room Tip: loved the jacuzzi suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Checked in got the keys, went to the room, turned on the light, GERMAN COCKROACHES RUNNING FOR COVER!!!!!! Picked on up and went to the front desk. I thought that I would be nice about it and wait for everyone to leave the lobby area because I didn't want to make a scene. The women behind the counter denied that they had them and took it as a insult and was rude, so I threw it on the counter and asked her what it was. She then checked me out right away. I didn't want any stowaways in my luggage. One tip for everyone KEEP YOUR LIGHTS ON!!!!!YUK!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited for a family reunion. We picked the Comfort Inn because it is in close proximity to the restaurants, shopping centers and walking trail. Plus, the rates were reasonable. We spent 3 nights here and were completely satisfied with our stay. It was clean, rooms were comfortable with flat screen tv's/ microwave/ fridge, staff was very friendly & accomodating, free wifi, and a good hot breakfast. Breakfast alone saved me about $20.00 dollars a day because my teenage boys are picky and eat a lot! One evening we even grilled out on the hotel grill and the boys had a blast in the pool every day we were there. I also found it useful they had a washer and dryer on site as my boys ran out of clean clothes before our trip ended, I would recommed this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!