“nice hotel with new upgread!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Andalusia

You added Days Inn Andalusia to your Saves list
Days Inn Andalusia
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1604 Dr MLK Jr Expressway, Highway 84, Andalusia, AL 36420   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Andalusia
Birmingham, Alabama
“nice hotel with new upgread!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

we had ball game and we stay at this hotel in feb 1 for only one night but i am very happy with the room i was in. it was nice and clean. during our stay i found out that now this property under new management. there was some minor work going on on some rooms. according to the manager they are changing Capet, bedding, furniture,updating break fast to full break fast. although some rooms are done and i was lucky to have one. staff was very nice, very helpful.i would love stay here again. price was reasonable too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Front desk was all great. The advised me at check in the hotel was under new management and was being fully re done. The rooms are all new from ground up and they were still redoing some of the rooms but said they would be ready very soon. While i was there a company was there putting to new locks on doors as it appeared to me because they were having trouble with the room keys not working prior to my stay. The Breakfast was not as i remember from my last stay but the front desk clerks did say that all the new items as well as new machines for the breakfast was ordered and should be in very soon. I was very satisfied with my stay and will continue to use this property as i travel to and from the beach.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
days inn d, Director of Sales at Days Inn Andalusia, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,
Mobile
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

First of all the staff was very nice and friendly but the good stops there. When I was looking for a hotel I went on line and looked at the pictures of the hotel and the rooms for this Hotel. I felt comfortable renting a room there. Boy was I dissappointed. The room looked nothing like the ad on their website. I was there for an event and had to stay 3 days. Rented a "suite" that was no bigger than a regular room. They crammed a love seat with a coffee table in the room and called it a suite. Because of the couch and table they could not put the tv at the foot of the bed, it was on the side of the bed so only one person could watch it. The bedding was from the 60's the ad says renovated in 2010, no way possible, the dust ruffle was torn and it was at least 40 years old.The carpet had water stains all over and was filthy. I wore socks even to bed. The tub was stained with black all over the bottom. The continental breakfast was stale and you had to ask for milk everyday. After washing my hair I realized there was no hair dryer in the room. The air conditioner worked well. I would recommed going to Holiday inn express or the new Comfort inn not ever Days Inn

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Houma, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our first bad experience was not being able to get in the room with the key. So we had to go to the desk and have them reprogram the key. Then on the last night of our stay (we stayed for 4 nights over the 4th of july) our key did not work again and then some lady answered and said this was her room!! I said no this is our room!! So we proceeded to go back to the front desk and they said it looked like we had checked out!! I said no we always remove our belongings from the room and i was paid up until Sun. 7/7/13. So they gave us another room which by the way was slept in. I told my husband theres no way i am sleeping here, so went back to the desk and Melissa gave us another room and personally walked with us to make sure everything was ok. Even if the cleaning lady saw us take our stuff out dont assume we are checking out!!! I never leave my stuff in the room!!!!!!!!!!!!! And your rooms do smell musty and the bedspread smelled smokey!!! Your breakfast if skimpy and should stay open until 10:00 am at least.

Room Tip: Room was quiet to me but kept my husband up all night. Dont stay by the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
days inn d, Manager at Days Inn Andalusia, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. To provide better service we recently came under New ownership and doing some upgrade. we would like you give us one more chance to serve you in need of your hospitality needs.
Thank you again !

Been to Days Inn Andalusia? Share your experiences!