“Highly recommend, I stay every month” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn - Alexander City

You added Days Inn - Alexander City to your Saves list
Days Inn - Alexander City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3146 Highway 280, Alexander City, AL 35010 (Formerly Horseshoe Inn)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Alexander City
Birmingham
“Highly recommend, I stay every month”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here every month for Santuck weekend. First time I stayed at another located to
save $8.00. BIG MISTAKE. Do not stay at the Baymont. The beds are comfortable,
large bathrooms, large flat screen tv. Rooms are clean and the staff is great.
Was Horseshoe bend ( Best Western ) Now Days Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Southport uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

On arrival at the hotel I was greeted by "Brittany" a young lady who worked on reception. She took the time to ask about my trip. Told me a lot about the local area that I would never have known from just passing through.This was a better reception than I have had in hotels costing four and five times the price. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good and it was good value for money. Now I can't wait to return and see a lot more of the surrounding area. I will definately be staying at this hotel again. Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference. Others could certainly learn from this hotel and it's staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Fairhope, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The biggest issue is that our room had a smoke odor, even though I had asked for a non-smoking room. As we went through the night, my sinuses suffered, and after we got home, our luggage smelled of the room. Upon check out, Brittany said that their goal was to make the whole property non-smoking and that they were painting to freshen it up. I suggested that they hire a smoke removal company, because of how heavy the smell was in our room. it would be the only way to get the job done. It is an older building, obviously years of smoke build up in our room. The cleanliness was okay except for in the corners, again years of build up. They just need to do a professional deep clean. The beds are clean and very comfortable, the bath was clean. Because of the economical value, $69.95 including dog fee and taxes, I would stay again. However, I would confirm that our room is truely a non-smoking room before I accepted it.

Room Tip: I would have rated the sleep quality higher if the smoke smell hadn't affected my sinuses.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gray, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean and good bed. Staff was real nice.
Wish the breakfast was a bit bigger. I like biscuits and eggs for breakfast. Their coffee was nasty to me.
I will stay there again when I travel to Alexander City again.

• Stayed December 2012
DaysInnAlexCity, General Manager at Days Inn - Alexander City, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank-you for taking your time out to leave us a review. I am glad to know that you liked the hotel and the staff friendliness. The hotel as of 01/01/2013 has affiliated with Days Inn and is part of Wyndham Rewards. We hope to serve you again on your return trip to the area.
Nashville,Tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night and won't hesitate to go back or recommend anyone travelling to Alex City,AL. Well taken care of hotel and grounds. Loved the rooms on ground floor with comfortable beds and LCD television. Breakfast was well stocked. Freindly service. Above all that a great value hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Traveler
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

It's still called the Horseshoe Inn but they said they dropped the Best Western flag to save the monthly franchise fee.
At $76.29 (including tax) I see the price has dropped 76 cents since the last time I was here. So, I guess they passed the savings on to themselves...
Oh, I had to leave a room deposit and it took about 20 minutes for them to check the room over in the morning before I got my $50 back. Mainly because the maid was such a slow mover.
Other than that I would have to say I basically would stand by the review I made 4 years ago.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stay for 3 nights.The hotel's staff was wonderful and made us feel very welcomed and comfortable. Spent 3 days and would reccomend this property to anyone. Room and entire hotel was very clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn - Alexander City? Share your experiences!