“My stay at the Baymont Inn was good. The internet was...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Alexander City

You added Super 8 Alexander City to your Saves list
Super 8 Alexander City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4335 Hwy 280, Alexander City, AL 35010 (Formerly Baymont Inn & Suites Alexander City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Alexander City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Alexander City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

To be fair, I've stayed at this location many times and haven't had any problems; however, this particular stay was horrible! After check-in, I went to the room and noticed the room didn't look like previous stays (cleanliness). I overlooked it and took a shower. While stepping out, I just happened to glance at the back of the toilet and there was a douche bag lodged between the wall and the toilet!!!!! I dried off, grabbed my phone and took pics to show the clerk. After showing the clerk, she apologized, notified the manager and moved me to another room. I rarely complain, but geezus! SMH

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Matthew W, General Manager at Super 8 Alexander City, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Trevor G,

Thank you for writing us a response about your recent stay. Without feedback from our guests we wouldn't be able to improve when we fall short, which is exactly what happened this time. I am absolutely amazed that what you found was not discovered first by the housekeeper that cleaned the room or by the housekeeping supervisor that inspected the room. I will be discussing this issue with my housekeeping staff in order to insure that we are offering the cleanest rooms to our guests.
Dacula, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was very disappointed in my stay.....our room was not very clean (dirty carpet noticed immediately), and when I went inside the bathroom for the first time, I couldn't help but notice the hair on the floor both in front of the toilet in the corner by the tub AND back behind the toilet. The tub was also dirty and brown. There was also a strand of hair at the end of my bed. There are no bedspreads, either, or at least not in our room, so we only had the sheet to use as a cover.

The free breakfast was fine, but there wasn't any fresh fruit left by 8:30 and was told there would not be any more put out. The coffee cups were super small which required a few trips back down the stairs. There isn't an elevator to get you to the second floor, so if you stay here, request the ground floor. The large fridge in the room w/microwave was nice considering that the ice machine in our building didn't work and we were told we'd have to travel across the way (and pass the pool area) to get to the other building if we wanted ice.

I was in town for a wedding so I don't plan to be back or stay at this hotel ever again. Should I find myself in the area, I'd pick another hotel and hope for the best.

I've never written a poor review before but truly felt the need since I felt like my room was dirty. It really was gross.

Room Tip: I'd ask for downstairs or else you are carrying everything up the steps!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Alexander City hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Baymont Inn & Suites previously. They have always accommodated our needs. Just like any other motel, they are not mind readers. So if you have certain preferences, it is best to let them know at time of booking. The room we had this time had a tear in the rug. But, you know what? We asked for a pet room, so one should not expect the very best. We were quite please with the pet friendly room. Because it was located away from crowd. But nice grassy area to walk pup. When I stayed there previously, the room must have been newly renovated because it was fresh & new.
Their pool area was clean & there is an outdoor grill if you want to cookout.
Breakfast was above par the two days of our stay.
We have already rebooked for our next trip, at the Baymont Inn & Suites.

• Stayed May 2014
She-shevaughn and four legged family member,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review about your stay with us! We absolutely look forward to seeing you on your already planned trip back down here. I am excited that you found your accommodations to your satisfaction. Our goal is to give every guest our best! I love that you were able to appreciate all of the landscaping and grassy areas that we have available for you to walk your dog. We cannot wait to see you again!
Alexander City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel was very nice as well as the staff. My only problem was with the driveway. It has very big potholes and was very unattractive.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Lasonya E,

Thank you for writing us a review on your most recent visit with us at the Baymont! I am glad that we were able to leave you with a great impression of our friendly staff. The parking lot has seen better days, and we are looking for the best course of action to remedy this. We hope that you will make time to come visit again in the future, and we look forward to being your hotel of choice.

Been to Super 8 Alexander City? Share your experiences!