“not disappointed” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Alexander City
alexander city, al, United States
“not disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

mid range Hampton Inn. Seems to have been refurbished in the last year. Furnishings are good. Room and bath clean. Quiet location. Business center computer was slow. Breakfast was typical, but uninspiring. Summer sausage not very good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Venice, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Weather delayed us in the neat little city of Alexander City, Alabama. The Hampton Inn was a welcome sight near the airport. A place we could trust for clean, comfortable and nice accommodations. Staff was courteous and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Milton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Even my grand children thought my suite was better than anything they had ever stayed in and they travel extensively. I will always use Hampton from now on. The room was clean, quiet, down pillows, down comforter with beautiful duvet, mahogany furniture, plenty of internet charging stations. Internet was extremely easy to use and quick to respond.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was happy to see that the hotel had finally fixed their hot water issues. Over the course of 6 months (from late 2012 thru early 2013) I stayed here 3 different times and this hotel rarely had hot water in the mornings. I had numerous conversations with the personnel working there and did have one of my night's charges refunded on one visit. Sheila Freed was pleasant to wok with and I assume she was instrumental in getting this corrected. Other than the hot water issue, the only real issue I have on a regular basis with this hotel (which is basically the only real option I have when staying in Alexander City, AL on company business) is that the breakfast foods and juices are of very poor quality. I'm speaking more of the eggs, meats, etc and not so much the pastries. The orange juice on my last stay was so watery that it didn't even resemble orange juice. This commented was made by all 6 of the people traveling in my group. I normally have positive experiences with Hampton hotels and I do not hesitate to stay at them when traveling with my family as long as the location is not Alexander City, AL.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alexander City, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for staying at our hotel and for sharing your concerns. Our management and staff appreciate and rely on our guests' feedback to help us understand the areas which may need our immediate attention. We are fully cognizant that guests who stay at our hotel expect &and deserve the very best accommodations and service we have to offer.

I appreciate the time you took out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us and we can assure you the specific matters you mentioned in your review have been addressed to help ensure these same issues can be avoided in the future.

We sincerely hope you will come back and stay with us again in the not to distance future and let us know if we have successfully improved upon our service.

Sheila Freed General Manager
Lexington KY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I prefer Hampton Inns when traveling. I am always pleased with cleanliness of hotel and pleasant/efficient staff. This one in Alexander city was above average for always good Hampton Inns. if I'm ever back, I will stay at this hotel again. ( I worked in hotels for about 15 years, and I'm generally picky)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We selected the Hampton in Alexander City because it was the only hotel available in the area. We were simply blown away by the friendliness and professionalism of the entire staff. I was so impressed by the whole staff I felt obliged to ecommend them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton I, General Manager at Hampton Inn Alexander City, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for being our guest & for the kind review.
From all of us at the Hampton Inn. We would like to thank you for your kinds words. We are glad that you enjoyed your trip to Alexander City Al.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I usually stay at 4 or 5 star hotels. This was a first time at Hampton Inn and was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean, the beds were very comfortable, the bathroom was nice and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

American Inn - Alexander City
#5 of 6 in Alexander City
3.0 of 5 stars 5 reviews
Creekside Lodge & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Alexander City? Share your experiences!