“Lovely stay, excellent breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alexander City
Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast
You added Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
497 Hillabee Street, Alexander City, AL 35010   |
Buford, Georgia
“Lovely stay, excellent breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We only stayed one night after a wedding on Lake Martin. We checked in, looked around, changed and went to the wedding. I felt sorry for the wedding guests who were going back to a very plain hotel. Very clean. Sometimes I have a problem with allergies, but the inn was so clean I had no concerns. The breakfast was the best I have ever had at a B & B (and I have stayed in many)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Foley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

Staying at the Mistletoe Bough was like visiting family. We were greeted immediately by the owner and made to feel at home. If you want privacy, this is the place for you! If you want conversation and companionship, this is the place for you! It was like stepping back in time. The restoration of the home was impeccable, as was the decor. The food was absolutely wonderful! My husband & I plan to return one day. Make your reservations as soon as possible. You will not regret your decision to stay at the Mistletoe Bough.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Red Level
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

I took my little sister to Auburn's 2009 Homecoming and it was great but honestly...while we got the experience the traditions of toilet papering at Toomer's & lemonade & ice cream after the game..Joann made us feel so welcome we kinda wished we had just stayed in & hung at the Mistletoe Bough all weekend! First of all I really can not say enough about Joann & Jesse Frazer! They are wonderful, salt of the earth people & I wish I could make it up to Alex City more often just to say Hi to them b/c they're great! This review will be border line gushing ab Joann & Jesse b/c we got to know them a bit but that's b/c we are very talkative People people. If you are looking for somewhere you need Privacy this is also the place for you! Joann isn't one of those in your face B&Bers you just can't get away from b/c they won't let you. She & Jesse ARE NOT like that at all! If you need a weekend to yourself or just you & the Mrs. this is where you can go hide out for a while & turn that dreaded phone off LOL! Joann & Jesse are about the guest and if you want to talk and get to know them they are happy to make new friends. But if not they are glad to serve you & leave you to have your time for yourself. They are great B&Bers in that sense among so many other things they do so well!

The Home:

First of all when you drive up to the house my first thought was the Judy Garland film "Meet Me in St. Louis" it's that kind of beautiful home! We were so excited that while when you park around the back & can enter from back door; my sister & I went & were welcomed through the front b/c we wanted to stand on that beautiful porch!
The Mistletoe Bough has antiques, beautiful historic fixtures, deep beautiful wood when you walk in. I personally felt instantly at home! Joann showed us to our room which was the Sweet Pea suite & it was so perfect for my sister & me! 2 Full Size Comfortable Beds & great pillows!

Upstairs there's a small refrigerater tucked tastefully in a corner in the hallway next to the door opening to the second floor balcony (I know, I know some of you are thinking how is that possible for a small fridge to be 'tastefully' tucked away, I know I'd raise my eyebrow too...but trust me it is! Just take my word for it! Joann & Jesse are just good like that) Inside it there are water decanters(not plastic bottles or pitchers) but classic decanters & the water is always crisp & cold. Above is a Keurig coffeemaker which is perfect for the little Station that Joann has made for her guests upstairs. I'm ab to gush ab the coffeemaker but when you think about it, it was just such a smart idea for the different varieties of guests that Joann hosts! Business men, families, newlyweds everything. It brews on cup & then it's easily cleaned b/c all you have to do is take out the little pod that the coffee grounds are in & go for the second cup for your partner or whomever is with you (& it can be a different blend b/c Joann and Jesse are awesome and don't limit you to just 1 or 2 kinds of little coffee pods!) PLUS you don't have so much space taken up in your room with a coffee tray & you don't have to worry about pouring your own coffee(I have a tendancy to miss that first dribble of the first pour & it goes everywhere) SO smart, convenient, & pratical little coffee station in the hall & if you've got a doggie bag from Cecil's Common House (GO THERE!!!!) you are also welcome to put it in the little fridge, grab your evening coffee & head to the balcony & listen to the birds & crickets outside.

Breakfast:

This is a mix of what I remember b/c we had 2 mornings of breakfast & both divine!Request the Cinnamon Peaches! They are simple but wonderful & One of THE BEST things I've put in my mouth! My sister loved them too! Like LOVED them! Some mornings she gets up at home and says "I want those peaches Mrs.Joann made us!" Ask for more than one! You'll be sorry if you don't! The Buttermilk Apple Pancakes are also a Mistletoe Bough Classic so don't pass them up!(I say they're a classic b/c I'm not the only reviewer that has complimented the Chef(Joann) about them!) Sausage was good too & hot tea is also a choice in the morning which is wondeful if you are an international traveler! We also had a choice of apple or orange juice. A kind of a coffee cake was served one morning..I can't remember exactly what flavor but it was great and we also had breakfast cassarole YUM! If I missed anything it's because my sister & I were just so taken with the peaches haha! I do remember you have a choice cinnamon butter with your breakfast. Joann serves it so beautifully in little courses in the morning! It's just divine and made us feel like Princesses! Oh! And this was breakfast at 9 in the morning per our request. That may be a norm for bed & breakfasts b/c my sister & I usually stay at hotels(no more unless we absolutely have no choice) So we thought being SERVED was amazing! And there's light music playing in the background so even if you're with a group of people you don't know at breakfast, the music is there to take the pressure off of everyone feeling that have to say something. Of course we lucked out and had sister time alone at the table so that was great but we also got to talk and get to know Joann :D And she actually joined us for some coffee at the end of our meal so she's just great! Oh also for anyone out there reading this who in the back of your mind wonders about Security for the Mistletoe Bough, Jesse,Joann's husband, works for the local Police Department. While he will be gone to work most of the time The Mistletoe Bough is located in historic downtown Alex City & the Police Department is literally just down the street. So there ya go folks THE perfect place to stay! Also Joann & Jesse are indifferent to Auburn or Alabama Football b/c they spent the first part of their life together on the West Coast so don't pass up staying here if you are hardcore fans of either team. They are not team specific people lol! :). Homecoming weekend the entire B&B though was taken over by the Blue & Orange so it was fun to have our War Eagle exchanges as we passed others in the hall or outside going in and out of the drive that weekend :D

Overall wonderful service, people, and location! Thanks so much Joann & Jesse! You're the best!

p.s. My sister is 15 & she wants her 16th birthday party to be hosted here! And what teenager, seriously, wants her 16th birthday at a B&B. This place is very special! :D

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Mt. Olive, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

This B&B deserves an A-1 rating. We have stayed in a number of B&B's and we were made to feel that this was our home away from home. It was the owners 22nd Anniv. but she made sure we felt special in every way. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a place to spend a relaxing time with delicious food and top notch accomodations.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Prattville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

This was a delightful find that is tucked away in a small community in Alabama! The innkeepers were very personable and maintain the beautifully decorated guest rooms well. The B&B was clean, the breakfast was delicious, and the king-sized bed was absolutely comfortable. This would be a great stay for Auburn fans, wedding parties, business travelers and vacationers. We will definitely find time to visit again when we need a much-needed break.

• Liked — Beautiful Guest Rooms and Sweet Innkeepers
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2007

Excellent Bed and Breakfast. Beautiful Victorian Home that is exquisitely decorated. A great get-away , very relaxing. The innkeepers are welcoming and make you feel like part of the family.
This was our third stay in a bed and breakfast, We've stayed in Asheville, NC and Chattanooga, TN and this was our favorite.
We highly recommend it! The only problem we had was our fault...we are pillow snobs and didn't bring our own. The pillows were too fluffy for us (picky I know). But we will definitely return with our pillows in tow.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2004

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast. We had an excellent time and were made to feel very welcomed and at home.

There Generosity and hospitality can not be measured. We not only had great service but we also made good memories and friendships too!
I would recommend all to pay a vist!

Thank you very much!

Jillian*

Been to Mistletoe Bough Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!