“Did I catch them on a bad day?” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 36 Restaurants in Albertville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Houston, Texas
“Did I catch them on a bad day?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Reading the reviews of this bakery, I figure I must have caught them on a bad day...but I'm not willing to try them again. Staying in Albertville on business I thought I'd see what goodies this bakery offered. They didn't have a lot of choices. Some cookies, danish pastries and some cupcakes, only one kind. No crumb cakes. No cheese straws, nothing special. I bought some Orange Delicacies, a chocolate mini-cake that the woman explained to me had vanilla creme on top of it and then the whole thing dipped in chocolate. Ok, that sounded interesting. Also bought a Red Velvet cake cookie. The Orange Delicacy was mostly a powdered sugar cookie that had absolutely no taste of orange anywhere. It was tasteless, in fact. I ate half of the cookie hoping to find a taste of orange and wonld up throwing the rest of the cookie away, including the other one that I'd not even touched. The mini-chocolate cake thing with the vanilla creme was extremely sweet. I mean, the chocolate it was dipped in and the vanilla creme was so sweet it wasn't enjoyable at all. The cake part of it was dry and just didn't have a good chocolate flavor at all. The Red Velvet cake cookie was hard around the edges, but moist toward the middle and had a very good flavor. I actually liked this cookie but I guess I'd need to go on another day to see if they had fresh ones. All in all, I was disappointed with the offerings here and the taste of what I had. Like I said.....perhaps I caught them on a bad day.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Always the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Their cakes are second to none. They must "crumb" the cakes and they are perfectly white and far from dry. Their icing is excellent too.

Their sausage cheese balls are great.

The only change in their products over the years of my life have been in their chocolate iced cream filled chocolate cupcakes. They have most obviously changed the recipe and now the chocolate tastes like they use a cheaper or lesser grade cocoa. Very disappointing to us who have always gone there specifically for those.

Their cheese straws are great too as well as their date bars.

There isn't much there that I don't like.

The only thing strange is their hours. But who cares? They're always good.

Their dinner rolls are my favorite in the whole world.

Visited April 2013
Boaz
“Great Bakery Cakes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Great tasting bakery cakes. Have great breads and cheese straws, mints too. Will do different kinds and sizes of cakes to order.

Visited September 2012
horton,al
“Cake Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I love their cakes. Used them for two of my girls wedding cakes, and grooms cake. Numerous showers and birthday cakes have been awesome. Never fail to please. Always get the order right.

Visited February 2013
Arab, Alabama
“Best Cakes Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The cakes here are very moist and delicious. I would definitely order cakes from here for any occasion.

Visited June 2012