“Tabatha - My Hero” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Alabaster
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Tabatha - My Hero”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is not a review of the hotel property per se (although I have stayed there before). I wanted to commend an employee who went, in mmy opinion, above and beyond for a priority club member. I needed to fax (yeah, who does that anymore?) some papers to my financial institution. I had long since got rid of my fax machine and don't have a land-line anyway. Coming up goose eggs until I remembered Candlewood-Alabaster. Explained my situation to Tabatha, who took care of my fax post haste. Appreciate it very much, thanks again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My wife and I just stayed three nights for a wedding. The room was clean and neat and stocked with everything we need. The only reason I'm not giving it a five star rating is because the final recliner is pretty worn. We accidentally left a blanket on the bed and when we called about it the staff immediately acknowledged that housekeeping had already reported it and agreed to return it to us. My wife was impressed with the stainless steel cookware. We were both impressed with how spotlessly clean the room was in general and the bathroom in particular. The only other drawback was that there was no ice in the refrigerator because they shut it off when the room is unoccupied. I went down to the front desk and the night attendant filled the stainless steel pot I brought down with me so it worked out okay, but coming in late at night, you may want to stop at the Walmart right down the hill to buy a bag of ice just in case as it takes quite a while to make ice.

Stayed May 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Bathroom toilet and shower were filthy. Sheets looked as if they hadn't been changed, dust all over furniture, unfriendly staff and dog feces all over grounds. I would not stay here again or suggest anyone to stay here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Oh behalf of the staff at Candlewood Suites, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced at the hotel. We take great pride in our staff''s attention to detail and this is one of less than a handful of poor housekeeping reviews we have ever received in our 5 years operating. However, one poor review is one is too many. Please know that with every check-in we provide new/clean sheets and towels and the rooms are dusted, mopped, vacuumed and scrubbed clean. With regard to the pet maintenance, we are a proud pet friendly hotel with a specific area outside designated for guests with pets and usually have no issues or complaints. We are sorry if you experienced anything otherwise. We are addressing your concerns with our staff and welcome a repeat visit so that we can prove that your experience was an exception, not a rule. Costel Hofman, General Manager
Alabaster, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Recently had reason to spend one night at Candlewood Suites. We arrived late at night and everyone we came in contact with was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. The only reason for a 4 out of 5 rating is that the bed in the room we stayed in was extremely hard and the floor in the kitchen area was sticky. I mentioned the floor to the front desk upon leaving and they noted it to bring it to the attention of the cleaning staff. It could have been from some cleaning product they were using. We have stayed there several times before and always found it a good place to stay. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Costel H, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi Parrothead43 and thank you for your feedback. I am familiar with this situation and we did look into your floor issue after you departed. As it turns out, it was the cleaners that were used on the floors. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and the cleaners have since been switched out.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Bowling Green, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This hotel is like home away from home. Hotel Staff makes it a point to know you by name.
Every guest is important to them and treated like family. Your comfort and safety is taken seriously. They have a well stocked pantry. If forgot something at home they probably have it.
Its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: One bedroom Suites a my choice
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Costel H, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, Rick!

We strive to make our guests feel more than just comfortable, we want you to feel like family. Your positive feedback let's us know that we are doing just that! We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a great place to stay. I would be glad to stay again. The staff was excellent and they were accomidating to every need. The rooms were extremely clean with very comfortable beds and a full kitchen. I was able to bring my pets, which made my stay even more enjoyable! Thanks to the whole staff!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently went to visit family and stayed at the Candlewood Suites and could not have asked for a better a stay! The hotel was clean from the moment I walked through the door. From the inviting lobby to the spacious rooms, every need was met. The staff went out of there way to make me feel comfortable along with everyone who walked through the door. The manager was visible at all times and was always asking if I needed anything along with everyone else. I had an extended stay there and the entire staff made me feel like I was at home. The housekeeping ladies were very efficient and so kind! They always had a smile on there face. And a couple of the front desk ladies became personal friends. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would be glad to come back and stay again!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Alabaster? Share your experiences!