My girlfriend and several of her colleagues stayed at the Candlewood Suites for seven nights in March, 2013. I joined her for a few days during the week. Overall we enjoyed the stay, but the staff gave us the runaround on what we thought was a fairly simple request.
The room and the rest of the hotel was clean and comfortable. We liked the fully furnished kitchenette and the recliner and desk chair along with a nice television and DVD player in the room. The bed and linens were comfortable, though some more sound-proofing would have been nice. Each morning we could hear footsteps from the room above us.
If you don't mind chain restaurants and stores, there are a multitude a block or two away, though with a complete lack of sidewalks anywhere in the vicinity, walking is inconvenient at best.
Some rooms have a bath tub, others just a shower stall. Swapping rooms proved to be impossible during our stay.
My girlfriend and her coworkers arrived on a Friday evening. Immediately upon check-in, she called to the front desk to ask if she could switch to a room with a bathtub. The front desk said nothing was available, but there should be one tomorrow. She called down each day on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday and every time they told her she would be able to change rooms "tomorrow." On Monday, the staff member assured her that she would hold a room for her for Tuesday.
On Tuesday she called and the man at the desk didn't know anything about holding a room. He said he would check into it and call her back. Three hours later no return phone call, so I walked to the front desk and spoke with a woman behind the counter. She checked for me and explained that no bath tub rooms were available, but that that there should be one tomorrow. The repeated empty promises from the front desk staff was maddening.
We had a good stay, but we couldn't figure out why nobody was able or willing to accommodate what we thought was an easy request for the entire week she was there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Candlewood Suites extended stay hotel in Alabaster, AL. Ideally situated in downtown Alabaster, Alabama, our choice extended stay hotel near Shelby Baptist Medical Center provides guests with comfortable accommodations and easy access to exciting Alabama attractions and leading area businesses. Long term guests of our Alabaster, Alabama hotel can enjoy shopping at the Riverchase Galleria Mall, sightseeing in nearby Birmingham or picnicking at Oak Mountain State Park. Headlining concerts at the Verizon Wireless Music Center and special programs at the American Village are less than nine miles from our pet friendly accommodations. Business-oriented travelers appreciate our lodgings near the Birmingham International Airport and downtown Birmingham, Alabama. In order to meet the professional needs of our guests, we provide an on-site, 24-hour business center with copy, print and fax services, as well as free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access throughout the entire hotel. During your stay, we hope you will enjoy relaxing in one of our spacious suites featuring over-sized executive work desks and kitchens with full-size appliances. A well-equipped fitness center, free laundry facilities and a convenience store are also available for your convenience. As you plan your trip, we invite you to explore our excellent Alabaster, Alabama hotel rates and make your Candlewood Suites reservations today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Candlewood Suites Alabaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Alabaster Hotel Alabaster
- Alabaster Candlewood Suites