“Clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Alabaster
Ohio City, Ohio
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at Candlewood Suites for two nights. I was most impressed by the cleanliness of the facility. The rooms are also rather modern with regard to flooring. There is a larger flat screen TV as well as a DVD player, which is nice for exercise videos, or would be great traveling with kids. The kitchenette is handy, although I only used the fridge. The popcorn in the microwave is a pleasant surprise.

The bed boasted a little sign that said they offered both feather and firmer foam pillows; however, when I went to trade in for firm, they in reality don't have any. I guess I'm not sure why the sign is in the room, but no big deal. The pillows actually weren't as terrible as in some hotels. The bed was fine.

The exercise room is adequate. It offers a couple treadmills, an eliptical, a bike, and a little weight training station. I am from the midwest and could barely stand the heat after half hour of exercise. There is no way of controlling the temperature...so dress light. The area is quite clean, but I was disappointed there were no cleaning supplies to wipe off the equipment - even some disinfectant wipes would have been great. There is a laundry facility right off the room, which would be nice.

The area is in a little shopping area with a Walmart, Target, Penny's and numerous other stores. Restaurants are also plentiful....we ate at Nick and Jimmy's a BBQ place, as well as Panera's. I also saw a cinema.

I would highly recommend staying here. It is right off the highway, the location is great, the staff is VERY friendly and helpful, and the place is clean. You won't go wrong.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Muncie, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Never stayed at CW before but glad we did. This was our stopping point on a trip to Florida. We arrived early evening...check in was very quick, smooth and the staff was very welcoming. The room itself was very nice. Although we were only a 1 night stay we appreciated the "kitchenette" (fridge, microwave, stovetop, coffemaker, etc.) Especially loved the desk area and bulletin board. The beds were of average comfort level and there is an option for feather pillows. The common areas were very clean as were the rooms. This hotel is fairly new I think so the furniture and fixtures aren't "beat down" like alot of hotels. We loved it and would definitely stay with Candlewood again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

From the time you walk in, the staff is friendly. the rooms are very clean, from the full size refridgerator, to the sofa, to the bed. Everything was excellent. will definetly return!! I also enjoyed the free movies on DVD you can choose at the front desk, nice fitness center, and great laundry area!

Room Tip: Only bad rooms (maybe 3-4 rooms) are first floor by the desk and laundry areas. Outside of that, ALL...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
rogers , arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We arrived late, and very tired, had a very diffcult time finding the hotel. There was no signs near the road to give direction and when we finally found the correct road the turn into the hotel it self was very dark and not marked clearly. Now the hotel itself was a nice, clean and very comfortable. Good gym for those who like to work out, also the hotel is very close to a large strip mall with many stores including a Wal Mart within walking distance.
The room was large with full kitchen and two tv's and a seperate room for sleeping .
The only fault I found was the tub had been repaired and there was some spots in the bottom of it that was a different color. There is no pool and no breakfast, however staff was friendly and helpful and movie rental was free, at the desk. Now that I can find it I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay. This was our first time at a Candlewood. I would be happy to stay at one in the future. The beds are Comfortable and the rooms are quite roomy. The room even had a recliner. They have a room of all kinds of food you can buy on the honor system open 24 hours a day. There is a exercise room and laundry room. It is near all kinds of restaurants and shopping as well as a large movie theater.

• Stayed May 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We have always stayed here when we visited my daughter and parents but this last stay will be our final one. On the first night we were about to go to bed and as I was about to prepare a drink I saw a couple of roaches were on the counter top and I swept them off and killed them. Since we had never had this problem before I just thought maybe it was a fluke occurrence, only to wake up to take a shower and find more in the shower. We complained to the staff 2x and their response was "ok I will let them know" whoever "them" might be. They seemed not to be at all bothered and offered nothing in compensation. I could have spent alot less a night and had bugs in my room. I would no longer recommend this hotel to anyone not wishing to carry roaches back home with them. We stayed in room 203 so if you happen to stay in this one look for bugs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I am still amazed at how wonderful this place truly is! I stayed while visiting with my family who lived in the area. My husband and I decided to just make a weekend out of it and visit local attractions like Oak Mountain. I was so afraid that I would end up forgetting something that we needed but turns out, it wouldn't matter if I did, EVERYTHING is already there for you. The workout room is amazing, and the DVD collection was enoromus. We enjoyed just hanging out in the room and watching movies. There was only one problem that we encountered during our stay at this hotel, and that was the fact that we had to leave and go back home!! If you are in the area and need a place to stay, do yourself a favor and stay here!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Alabaster? Share your experiences!