“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Alabaster
Muncie, Indiana
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Never stayed at CW before but glad we did. This was our stopping point on a trip to Florida. We arrived early evening...check in was very quick, smooth and the staff was very welcoming. The room itself was very nice. Although we were only a 1 night stay we appreciated the "kitchenette" (fridge, microwave, stovetop, coffemaker, etc.) Especially loved the desk area and bulletin board. The beds were of average comfort level and there is an option for feather pillows. The common areas were very clean as were the rooms. This hotel is fairly new I think so the furniture and fixtures aren't "beat down" like alot of hotels. We loved it and would definitely stay with Candlewood again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

From the time you walk in, the staff is friendly. the rooms are very clean, from the full size refridgerator, to the sofa, to the bed. Everything was excellent. will definetly return!! I also enjoyed the free movies on DVD you can choose at the front desk, nice fitness center, and great laundry area!

Room Tip: Only bad rooms (maybe 3-4 rooms) are first floor by the desk and laundry areas. Outside of that, ALL...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
rogers , arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We arrived late, and very tired, had a very diffcult time finding the hotel. There was no signs near the road to give direction and when we finally found the correct road the turn into the hotel it self was very dark and not marked clearly. Now the hotel itself was a nice, clean and very comfortable. Good gym for those who like to work out, also the hotel is very close to a large strip mall with many stores including a Wal Mart within walking distance.
The room was large with full kitchen and two tv's and a seperate room for sleeping .
The only fault I found was the tub had been repaired and there was some spots in the bottom of it that was a different color. There is no pool and no breakfast, however staff was friendly and helpful and movie rental was free, at the desk. Now that I can find it I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

We were very pleased with our stay. This was our first time at a Candlewood. I would be happy to stay at one in the future. The beds are Comfortable and the rooms are quite roomy. The room even had a recliner. They have a room of all kinds of food you can buy on the honor system open 24 hours a day. There is a exercise room and laundry room. It is near all kinds of restaurants and shopping as well as a large movie theater.

• Stayed May 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We have always stayed here when we visited my daughter and parents but this last stay will be our final one. On the first night we were about to go to bed and as I was about to prepare a drink I saw a couple of roaches were on the counter top and I swept them off and killed them. Since we had never had this problem before I just thought maybe it was a fluke occurrence, only to wake up to take a shower and find more in the shower. We complained to the staff 2x and their response was "ok I will let them know" whoever "them" might be. They seemed not to be at all bothered and offered nothing in compensation. I could have spent alot less a night and had bugs in my room. I would no longer recommend this hotel to anyone not wishing to carry roaches back home with them. We stayed in room 203 so if you happen to stay in this one look for bugs.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I am still amazed at how wonderful this place truly is! I stayed while visiting with my family who lived in the area. My husband and I decided to just make a weekend out of it and visit local attractions like Oak Mountain. I was so afraid that I would end up forgetting something that we needed but turns out, it wouldn't matter if I did, EVERYTHING is already there for you. The workout room is amazing, and the DVD collection was enoromus. We enjoyed just hanging out in the room and watching movies. There was only one problem that we encountered during our stay at this hotel, and that was the fact that we had to leave and go back home!! If you are in the area and need a place to stay, do yourself a favor and stay here!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hoover, al
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Place is pretty new and looks nice when you first get there, but don't be fooled. Several kinds of bugs evident in several rooms (I moved rooms to try to find a clean and bug-free one). Couldn't swear to bedbugs but I was bitten and managed to kill a bug IN the bed, which seemed to match up with pictures on the internet. There were some black smudges on side of mattress as well, consistent with bedbug feces. General insect filth about in all rooms, as well as live ones of various kinds, and quite possibly bedbugs. Hair and skin and bugs left in the sheets. Yuck. I'll think twice before I try to save a few bucks on this kind of place. I left and complained to management but was never offered an apology or a refund or anything. They seemed generally a bit clueless as well as complacent. Sickening.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
CandlewoodAlabaster, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
I’m sorry for the poor experience had at the Candlewood Suites Alabaster. As anyone can see from the additional reviews, no one else has experienced anything similar to what is described here and this perception isn’t the norm. This Candlewood Suites is consistently ranked in the top 5-10% of all Candlewoods in the country based on numerous surveys conducted by the parent company, Holiday Inn.

The reviewer stayed in 3 rooms over the course of six nights. Twice he requested to move and he used a flashlight and magnifying glass to examine and approve the rooms prior to us happily moving him. He did tell us at the time that he had seen bugs in two of the rooms. Besides our inspection, we had our 3rd party pest control company look at all three rooms and verify that there was absolutely no evidence of bedbugs and that the pest noticed by the reviewer was a “water bug.” The reviewer left one for us in a baggy at the desk upon checking out. When seasons begin to change in the Deep South insects and bugs generally get worse inside and outside. It is a challenge faced by all homes and businesses multiple times every year. We at the hotel face the same challenge and have enlisted a pest control company that aggressively helps us out to keep anyone from noticing the increase in pests.

The reviewer left and called back nearly two weeks after to discuss the problems. I stated to him that we had our professional pest control company look at the rooms besides our in-house inspection. Because there were no problems with bed bugs and that he wasn’t at the hotel any longer, we left the conversation at that. Since then, the reviewer has created accounts and posted this review and a review in Google –both under an assumed name - to post his grievances. At the hotel, we truly believe we did what was needed to make the guest happy – including letting him inspect the additional rooms with the flashlight and magnifying glass - and unfortunately he wasn’t happy at the end of his stay. We have won awards for all of the things we do right. Sometimes, someone has a real or perceived notion that we didn’t give 100% in service or quality and we apologize for that.

Been to Candlewood Suites Alabaster? Share your experiences!