“Very Good Bistro Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nage Restaurant

Nage Restaurant
1600 Rhode Island Avenue, NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)
(202) 448-8005
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Nage Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #613 of 2,498 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 16th street
Transit: METRO: Dupont Circle (2 Blocks), Farragut North (2 Blocks) BUS: S-2 Bus A 16th and M streets
Maryland
“Very Good Bistro Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A nice variety of bistro food in a very attractive space on Scott Circle. We were there pre-theater (it's within walking distance of the Studio Theater) and service was brisk. Salad, onion soup, salmon and chicken were all well-prepared and tasty.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Eleanor, West Virginia
“Is this really hotel food?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This is a place where people that dont stay at the hotel come to eat. They dont have a large beer selection but they have a great beer selection. The menu rotates with what the chef can get fresh. I have had great oysters, pork belly, schnitzel, burgers, the warm veggie salad is wonderful. Bree the bartender makes you feel at home.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Pretty decent - not great...with a major flaw”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Grabbed an early dinner here based on location across from our hotel. I had crab cakes, my wife had salmon. Both pretty good, nothing earth shattering. Order truffle fries because I had to have them. I guess they forgot the truffle oil, All in all, it was ok. One thing that was frustrating is the charge for our wine. We ate early, and it was happy hour. I got the bill and they charge us $10 for each glass of wine, and we had 4. Happy hour was advertised as $3 for a glass of wine, and when I asked the waitress, she told me that was for people int he bar, which was approximately 5 feet from where i sat. That was pathetic, in my opinion.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“WOW. I live in the neighborhood & this is a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

So, I live two blocks away from this restaurant and this was my first visit and it will not be my last. I had the hamburger and it was amazing. You could taste the smoke. Amazing. The fries were lip smacking. My lunch had the soup delish and a hamburger too. The lunch service was terrific. Equal to so many fine restaurants. And the waiter was very knowledgeable about wine selection. It's now on the top five list for "dinner in the hood."

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Casually Upscale”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is my go-to spot for business lunches. I order the lobster mac and cheese when I want to feel decadent, but they also have a delicious warm green bean salad, a lamb sandwich, and daily specials. They revamped the menu last year, so some of my favorites are gone (blueberry lemonade, salmon). However, last time I went, I ordered the Arctic char and found it to be tasty and well-cooked. I also always request a table near the windows. The rear of the restaurant can be rather dark.

Visited August 2012