“Great Museum” 5 of 5 stars

Washington DC, District of Columbia
21 attraction reviews
“Great Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

I took my 14 year old son to the museum for the afternoon. We both really enjoyed what it had to offer. We learned a lot about past, and not so distant past, criminals. We found the displays of the mass murderers especially interesting. We saw the stage and crime lab where "America's Most Wanted" was filmed. We were sorry to hear that the show was cut by the networks.

Afterwards, we enjoyed lunch at Au Bon Pain. It was located around the block from the museum. All in all, it was a wonderful afternoon shared with my son.

Visited July 2011
CrimeMuseumStaff, Director of Sales at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Thank you so much for this amazing review. I am so glad to hear that you had such a great time with your son. On your next visit try one of our public CSI labs on Saturdays. They are very interactive and fun! It would be great activity on your next outing with your son. :) Thank you again!

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
funtravlin
“Interesting Museum for all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I found this museum very intriguing. You got to experience every era of crime and punishment from the Victorian days up to present day. We went here on a Groupon special so definitely worth the money. The gun and police car stimulation at the end was so much fun...definitely try it out and its free. I would not waste your money on the gun game in the Cowboy section...just not that interesting as I learned the hard way.
I think this is a must see by all who find this kind of thing interesting...but be prepared to read A LOT!

Visited September 2011
CrimeMuseumStaff, Director of Sales at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review! The Gun and police car stimulator are so much fun! I’m glad you enjoyed them. Next time you come, participate in one of our CSI labs. They are very interactive and fun! Thank you again and we appreciate your business.
Bedford, New York
13 attraction reviews
“LOVED THIS PLACE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This museum was fascinating and well worth visiting. The exhibits are very interesting, you can take photos, and it is fun. Would go again!

Visited September 2011
CrimeMuseumStaff, Director of Sales at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Thank you so much for the awesome review! I am so glad to hear you had a good time. There are definitely many photo opportunitues in the museum. We hope that you come back very soon! We do have public CSI workshops on Saturdays. They are so much fun! Try it out next time you visit! Thank you again!
Germantown, Maryland
“Captivating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I went with my 3 kids as a surprise 14th birthday treat for the middle son. All of us had a great time. I can honestly say that this is the first time that my kids took the time to read all the information that was posted at each exhibit in a museum. The staff that were available at the driving and shooting simulations were wonderful. They seemed to enjoy working with the guests & that made a real impression on me because most times you get employees who look like they can't wait to leave. I was also impressed by the exhibits devoted to law enforcement personnel, especially those that dealt with the officers who gave their lives in the line of duty.
We can't wait for out-of-towners to visit so we can go back a few more times (we only live 30 minutes away)

Visited September 2011
CrimeMuseumStaff, Sales Coordinator at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review. I'm glad that you all had a good time and your kids had fun! All of us here love our job and we try to show our guest that. We hope that you come back very soon with your visitors or with just your family again. We do have public CSI labs on Saturdays that are very interactive and fun. The whole family would love it! Thank you again for coming. We appreciate your business.
Fairfax, Virginia
“Eye Opening & Educational”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

Allow plenty of time for beginning of museum as much more to see/read/interact than last 3rd.
Unbelievable collection of punishment tools and practices that go back to witchcraft. Remarkably educational as to how ignorant population was as to causes and reasons for so called crimes. Enjoyed the area re. the mob, key characters, backgrounds and eventual outcomes. The prison section as well let you experience what it could have been like to be locked away.
Allow 2 to 3 hours in total.

Visited September 2011
CrimeMuseumStaff, Manager at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed the museum and that it was an eye-opening experience! Thank you for visiting us; we hope you will come see us again soon! :-)