I booked this room directly through Marriott using points from my credit card. I was a little skeptical due to all the reviews but all other hotels using my points were not available. Check-in was very easy and the staff very helpful. Some websites said parking was free but I was charged about $11 per day. That was still cheaper than at other hotels. The room was very nice, clean, and the beds very comfortable. My kids also enjoyed the pool area. Having freshly baked cookies in the lobby is a nice touch. They also have snacks and drinks that you can purchase. The breakfast - which comes free with your stay - is great. You can make waffles, there are breakfast sandwiches you can microwave. There was a nice variety and everybody found something they enjoyed. The shuttle was great. We took the shuttle to Union Station and from there walked to the U.S. Capitol and some of the Smithsonians. We ended our trip that day with a walk through the Holocaust Museum and were so pooped we decided to take the metra back to Union Station and wait for the shuttle. We got to Union Station 15 minutes past the hour which meant the shuttle would have just left. But no need to worry, you can take the Holiday Inn Express Shuttle (hotel located right next to the Fairfield) which arrives at Unions Station 45 minutes past the hour. All was good. The front desk clerks were very nice. One even gave us two metra passes. One still had money on it and the other was no longer any good - but still - providing us with the one was very generous. If I stayed in the D.C. area again with my family, and could not find a hotel available for a decent price more closer to the action - I would definitely stay at the Fairfield. As for price, since I used my point from my credit card, I was only charged for parking. Keep in mind, when I checked out, it said the room cost $334. I know it can be found cheaper online or even if you just call them. If I had to pay that kind of money per night - I would not have stayed here. For that price, I could have stayed at a hotel closer to all the action in D.C..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. The hotel located in northeast, features a modern decor with 126 guest rooms and suites, complimentary hot breakfast and free shuttle service to a limited area. All rooms are equipped for business or leisure with Serta mattresses, 32-inch flat-screen TVs and ample work spaces. Business travelers will enjoy on site meeting space that allows a break away from city traffic. Leisure travelers and families can enjoy the close proximity to Metro which takes visitors to top historic attractions including the Smithsonian Institute's 19 museums, National Mall, Capitol Hill and universities. The hotel is located near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. Top corporations and government agencies surrounding the hotel include ATF, DOD, FBI, USDA, FEMA, DC Government and Department of Homeland Security. We look forward to your arrival at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue
- Fairfield Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairfield Inn