“What you'd expect from FFI&Suites but location is rough. Shuttle hrs limited. Too far to walk to train station” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue
Free Breakfast
Ranked #96 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Dover, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Average Fairfield Inn and Suites. I've stayed in better ones. It was clean and staff was friendly. Very diverse clientele. The location was easy to get to and find. But hotel location was horrible for sight seeing in that you are dependent on a limited time schedule and seat availability shuttle service. Taxi to Union Station was $20-$25, and hotel is in a creepy and hectic neighborhood. Extremely limited parking. Next time I will pay the price to stay at a hotel right in the heart of the Smithsonian vicinity so I am not dependent on a $25 one-way taxi to catch a train, or a limited shuttle which immensely interferes with sight seeing peace of mind.

Cons:
1. Parking is EXTREMELY limited. If you don't get a spot I don't know where you would park, as the neighborhood was creepy and not the best (I was thankful that my car was not broken into). 2. Limited shuttle hours and seat availability. Also THE SHUTTLE BUS THAT DROPS YOU OFF MAY BY ENTIRELY DIFFERENT LOOKING THAN THE ONE THAT PICKS YOU UP! You are not told about this. The shuttles are unmarked or may say Holiday Inn on a piece of paper taped on the windshield?. Very confusing. I almost missed that last one back from Union Station to the hotel one night! The purpose of this trip was to sight see the Smithsonian museums. I arrived mid-afternoon and was informed there was no shuttle to the train station for several hours. The museums close at 5. A taxi to the train station was $20-$25. I am not sure if the hotel website mentions the limited shuttle or not. This is the only Fairfield Inn and Suites I ever stayed at where you could not get a shuttle on-demand.
3. Creepy Neighborhood at a very busy intersection.
4. There is NOTHING within a 20 minute drive radius if you are looking for a relatively nice place to eat. I never have had this problem in my travels. There are lots of mediocre run in and out of restaurants. I had to resort to Chinese Food delivery to my room.
5. The 2 complimentary computers in the lobby were occupied70% of the time by various policeman or people in some sort of uniform.
6. The front desk staff are so accommodating, that if you are in line to be checked in, you could have a long wait. I waited more than 15 minutes for one person ahead of me. The front desk staff needs to be 2 at all times. Sometimes there were 2 and sometimes not. Each time I happened to walk up, I always had to wait, day or night.
7. All the public areas (thank God it wasn't in our room) had a weird, subtle, body odor type smell. The lobby and hallways.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
kyeates, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your feedback .
I truly understand your perception of the area,The Hotel is located in a more industrial area right off highway 50, even though it is very convienient when leaving or entering the city, understandably we are not within walking distance of major attractions and sites. Because of this we do provide the complimentary shuttle service to the metro located 2 miles away. I ackowledge this is a limited service but we rely on feedback like yours to improve on the services necessary to accommodate every guest need . I am elated to here the front desk was friendly and helpful .Even though we try to give every guest our undivided attention , i also understand improvements can be made on staffing more effectivley to avoide lengthy delays for those waiting for assistance,this will be addressed immediatley.Your feedback is essential for our improvements and i am truly sorry we did not meet your expectation. Please understand we will continue to improve in the areas mentioned in your review as our primary goal is to provide every guest with a pleasurable experience . I do hope we have another oppourtunity to accommodate you in the future to provide you with the servcie you have come to expect and deserve .
Thank you again for advising us of your experience, your feedback is turly appreciated and valued .Please feel free to contact me directly should you have further questions or concerns.

Keri Yeates
Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn and Suites Marriott Hotel
2305 New York Ave, NE
Washington DC,20002
E:kyeates@sharconmgt.com
P:202-266-3000
F:202-266-4800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

This was the cleanest hotel that I ever experienced. The staff also the friendliest. The carpet in the room was pristine . The bathroom amazingly the cleanest , floor shining. The furniture was a little dated, nicked but nothing to affect the rooms cleanliness. Easy internet connection, accept terms & the internet is connected. The room had a refrigerator, microwave & coffee maker. There is a continental breakfast only. It is appointed with the fruit, scrambled eggs, bagels, milk coffee bacon, sausage & the other assorted breakfast items. A shuttle service takes you to union station & returns at various times during the day. Limited seating, so one must sign up for a specific departure. The area isn't the best but you would never know it while a guest. Food nearby is limited, KFC MC Donald's gas stations checkers & a local Hogs on the hill a rib chicken place. All is in walking distance but crossing the street, is another story. Be safe attempting crossing. Drivers are ruthless, even when light indicates time to cross.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear ToeBone; Thank you so much for the great 5 star review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites and the wonderful compliments for our team. We will gladly share your kind remarks with the housekeeping manager and appreciate you recognizing their efforts. Thank you for sharing your tips about walking around and what is in the area. Not everyone is a fan of fast food and we know that, but the Hogs on the Hill is not fast food but great BBQ fast and we recommend it often to our guests for carryout. Thank you again for the very nice review, so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to be your first choice for accommodations the next time you are in DC.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel has a wonderful staff and great location! I stayed here for about four days as I attended the Cherry Blossom festival. The staff was very helpful with any question I had and helped me with any concerns as this was my first time visiting the nation's capital. Gabby at the front desk is amazing! She went above and beyond with helping arrange for transportation to the airport.
The rooms are also very clean and the housekeeping staff does a great job with keeping them that way. Breakfast was great and I don't say excellent because one more than one occasion, the kitchen staff took a while to replenish the food. They did an excellent job with making everyone feel welcome for breakfast , otherwise. Overall, I want to say thanks to everyone for making my stay a memorable one! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Sarah L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Andre; Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you selecting the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC/New York Ave NE, as your place to stay while in town for the Cherry Blossom Festival events. We hope you had the chance to do a lot of sightseeing as there is so many great things to see and do in the city.

We are very pleased that you selected our hotel for your first trip to the Nation's Capitol and had such a great experience. We would like to thank you for the wonderful compliments and kind remarks for Gabby, our housekeeping staff, and the rest of the hotel.

We look forward to being your first choice for accommodations the next time you return to Washington, DC.
Arlington, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Wonderful Staff!! Went above and beyond the call of duty to accomendate my group of 13 people. Helped lift a girl in a wheelchair into regular cab when no ADA cab showed up. Keri made everything happen for us in located cabs, finding lost luggage and her warm smile and Shawnette what a great guy you are...thanks for making this less stressful and wonderful rooms!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear John; Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review and kind words for our staff. We are very pleased to see that you and your group had a great stay. We want to say how much we appreciate you personally recognizing Keri and Ms. Shawnette for their customer service and care received during your time with us. We take great pride in our guests comfort and customer service is very important to us. We are delighted to see that pride shined during your time as our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are visiting the Washington DC area.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Even with free nights, I wouldn't stay here again! The staff is terrible, very unhelpful and rude. Not what we've come to expect from Marriott hotels. The parking situation doesn't get much better. We drove and got in late only to find no parking. So we had to park in the very back of the lot situated between two massive buses (which we assumed were the free shuttles). This was ridiculous as they charge daily for parking! We were terrified that our car was going to be stolen, broken into or damaged based on the crowd. Never have I felt unsafe in a Marriott hotel until now. The buses that we saw the night before weren't the shuttles. In fact, in our 4 day stay, we never once saw the ONE shuttle but continuously asked the staff about it. First we were told it wasn't running, then another staff member had no idea what we were talking about, then we were told the shuttle only ran 2 times a day, and then told it ran on the half hour. On the last morning while waiting for the shuttle, we asked staff if it had come yet. After asking each of the previous days, the staff informed us that we needed to sign up for it! And then they wouldn't even check for us to see if it had come. The hotel was in a terrible location as well, nowhere near the metro or any other easy modes of transportation. Overall just a horrible experience and I'm shocked that this is even a Marriott hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Sarah L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Danielle; Thank you for reaching out to us and providing your valuable feedback. What you experienced is not typical of the high brand standards that we strive to acheive everyday for every guest. We really take great pride in our hotel and the safety and comfort of our guests and customer service is a critical component of our success, you did not get to see that, in fact you received the exact opposite. The parking lot is shared with a bus company and we understand it was quite full the day you arrived with other patrons as well as the busses. We are sorry to see you could not find a better more convenient place to park, we will ask them to move their along the very back to allow more parking for our guests. We would like to apologize to you for not providing you with an exceptional guest stay and for failing to properly communicate our shuttle services to you. We cannot take back the experience you had, we know that. All we can do is use your feedback to implement immediate changes in the way we communicate with our customers. Thank you again for your time.
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Gorgeous hotel!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I had the pleasure of staying here for business purposes and I must say my suite was ravishing! I LOVED IT!!! I've stayed at other Fairfield Inn's throughout the country, but none of them compared to this location. The complimentary breakfast was decent. Special thanks to the Manager on Duty - Keri and the Area Manager - Ms. James for making me feel right at home!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest; Thank you for taking the time to write a review, our team members always strive to always go above & beyond for our guests and we are pleased to see it showed and you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate you personally recognizing Keri and Ms. James for their outstanding customer service. Thank you for selecting the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC New York Ave as your place to stay while on business. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.
Raleigh,NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Cannot say anything beyond the bathroom was clean. Terrible location--nowhere near any metro. They advertise a shuttle but only offer two rides a day. Do not consider walking anywhere unless you are packing heat. Came home and saw they charged us $40 a night for parking--signing in they tell you it's $15. Spent Saturday at Catholic U--after struggling through horrendous traffic and construction in the area, got back to the hotel and our room had not been cleaned--at 4pm in the afternoon! Poor control of heat and a/c in the room. Walking through the lobby I wondered if we were staying at a Marriott or at a halfway house seeing other residents. Breakfast buffet was acceptable. Two words--Stay away!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Sarah L, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Guest; We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns and bring these to our attention. We take great pride in our hotel from the value our guest receive to the service and amenities that we offer. We work with a very high level of brand standards, this was not evident during your stay and we'd like to apologize for your unpleasant experience. I have brought the parking fee to the attention of the hotel manager and asked them to please look into the higher fee as our parking fee is $15 plus tax. Please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you had an the inconvenience you faced as our guest. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction for every guest, every day and we did not meet that goal with you. We understand you choose not to stay with us again but we hope you reconsider as some of the issues you encountered were out of our control.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue? Share your experiences!