Average Fairfield Inn and Suites. I've stayed in better ones. It was clean and staff was friendly. Very diverse clientele. The location was easy to get to and find. But hotel location was horrible for sight seeing in that you are dependent on a limited time schedule and seat availability shuttle service. Taxi to Union Station was $20-$25, and hotel is in a creepy and hectic neighborhood. Extremely limited parking. Next time I will pay the price to stay at a hotel right in the heart of the Smithsonian vicinity so I am not dependent on a $25 one-way taxi to catch a train, or a limited shuttle which immensely interferes with sight seeing peace of mind.
1. Parking is EXTREMELY limited. If you don't get a spot I don't know where you would park, as the neighborhood was creepy and not the best (I was thankful that my car was not broken into). 2. Limited shuttle hours and seat availability. Also THE SHUTTLE BUS THAT DROPS YOU OFF MAY BY ENTIRELY DIFFERENT LOOKING THAN THE ONE THAT PICKS YOU UP! You are not told about this. The shuttles are unmarked or may say Holiday Inn on a piece of paper taped on the windshield?. Very confusing. I almost missed that last one back from Union Station to the hotel one night! The purpose of this trip was to sight see the Smithsonian museums. I arrived mid-afternoon and was informed there was no shuttle to the train station for several hours. The museums close at 5. A taxi to the train station was $20-$25. I am not sure if the hotel website mentions the limited shuttle or not. This is the only Fairfield Inn and Suites I ever stayed at where you could not get a shuttle on-demand.
3. Creepy Neighborhood at a very busy intersection.
4. There is NOTHING within a 20 minute drive radius if you are looking for a relatively nice place to eat. I never have had this problem in my travels. There are lots of mediocre run in and out of restaurants. I had to resort to Chinese Food delivery to my room.
5. The 2 complimentary computers in the lobby were occupied70% of the time by various policeman or people in some sort of uniform.
6. The front desk staff are so accommodating, that if you are in line to be checked in, you could have a long wait. I waited more than 15 minutes for one person ahead of me. The front desk staff needs to be 2 at all times. Sometimes there were 2 and sometimes not. Each time I happened to walk up, I always had to wait, day or night.
7. All the public areas (thank God it wasn't in our room) had a weird, subtle, body odor type smell. The lobby and hallways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. The hotel located in northeast, features a modern decor with 126 guest rooms and suites, complimentary hot breakfast and free shuttle service to a limited area. All rooms are equipped for business or leisure with Serta mattresses, 32-inch flat-screen TVs and ample work spaces. Business travelers will enjoy on site meeting space that allows a break away from city traffic. Leisure travelers and families can enjoy the close proximity to Metro which takes visitors to top historic attractions including the Smithsonian Institute's 19 museums, National Mall, Capitol Hill and universities. The hotel is located near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. Top corporations and government agencies surrounding the hotel include ATF, DOD, FBI, USDA, FEMA, DC Government and Department of Homeland Security. We look forward to your arrival at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairfield Inn