Even with free nights, I wouldn't stay here again! The staff is terrible, very unhelpful and rude. Not what we've come to expect from Marriott hotels. The parking situation doesn't get much better. We drove and got in late only to find no parking. So we had to park in the very back of the lot situated between two massive buses (which we assumed were the free shuttles). This was ridiculous as they charge daily for parking! We were terrified that our car was going to be stolen, broken into or damaged based on the crowd. Never have I felt unsafe in a Marriott hotel until now. The buses that we saw the night before weren't the shuttles. In fact, in our 4 day stay, we never once saw the ONE shuttle but continuously asked the staff about it. First we were told it wasn't running, then another staff member had no idea what we were talking about, then we were told the shuttle only ran 2 times a day, and then told it ran on the half hour. On the last morning while waiting for the shuttle, we asked staff if it had come yet. After asking each of the previous days, the staff informed us that we needed to sign up for it! And then they wouldn't even check for us to see if it had come. The hotel was in a terrible location as well, nowhere near the metro or any other easy modes of transportation. Overall just a horrible experience and I'm shocked that this is even a Marriott hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. The hotel located in northeast, features a modern decor with 126 guest rooms and suites, complimentary hot breakfast and free shuttle service to a limited area. All rooms are equipped for business or leisure with Serta mattresses, 32-inch flat-screen TVs and ample work spaces. Business travelers will enjoy on site meeting space that allows a break away from city traffic. Leisure travelers and families can enjoy the close proximity to Metro which takes visitors to top historic attractions including the Smithsonian Institute's 19 museums, National Mall, Capitol Hill and universities. The hotel is located near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. Top corporations and government agencies surrounding the hotel include ATF, DOD, FBI, USDA, FEMA, DC Government and Department of Homeland Security. We look forward to your arrival at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairfield Inn