I will be objective about this place. Let's start with the negatives:
*Location sucks. Bad. We were here for a conference at the convention center in Mt. Vernon. We drove. Never again ghostwriter. Traffic drains the living life out of your mind, body, and soul. I see why the shuttle doesn't operate between noon and 5. (or at all) We never got a chance to ride it because the times we needed it, it wasn't active. I did like the Checkers across the street! If you aren't used to the low income hood energy, then this gentrified sections will scare you. lol. Also, we soon found that Stadium Nightclub is right around the corner though. Nice! Nevertheless, we cancelled our stay earlier and went elsewhere because getting to this place was just a hassle via shuttle or taxi. Otherwise things were great.
*The facility is really nice. Clean modern. Rooms are real nice. Shower was great. No complaints. The front desk workers are still a bit new and disoriented, but overall I have no complaints about the aesthetics and feel of the place. It is nice and felt new, clean, and excellent.
I would consider staying here again, if I weren't there for a conference. The location just sucks for the convention center. (a long drawn out 2.5 miles. lol)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. The hotel located in northeast, features a modern decor with 126 guest rooms and suites, complimentary hot breakfast and free shuttle service to a limited area. All rooms are equipped for business or leisure with Serta mattresses, 32-inch flat-screen TVs and ample work spaces. Business travelers will enjoy on site meeting space that allows a break away from city traffic. Leisure travelers and families can enjoy the close proximity to Metro which takes visitors to top historic attractions including the Smithsonian Institute's 19 museums, National Mall, Capitol Hill and universities. The hotel is located near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. Top corporations and government agencies surrounding the hotel include ATF, DOD, FBI, USDA, FEMA, DC Government and Department of Homeland Security. We look forward to your arrival at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Marriott, Despegar.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue
- Fairfield Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairfield Inn