The hotel itself was clean the staff was mostly friendly but this hotel is not Downtown. As a matter of fact it is almost out of town. After an 8 hour drive all we wanted was to sit down to a nice dinner. There is a Checkers and take out rib place across from the hotel, but no where else to eat. When I asked if there was a restaurant to walk to, the clerk at the desk said something like, "I wouldn't walk around here." They told me there was shuttle service to Union Square (about 15 min ride) but it was extremely limited and difficult to get even with one hour notice. We got lucky and managed to get immediately on a shuttle that was not full even though the desk clerk had told us there were no seats available for an hour and a half. Also the shuttle does not run between noon and 5 meaning the next day we had to take a very harrowing cab ride back to the hotel to get ready for evening plans that we had. The cab drivers are reluctant to take passengers to the hotel because it is out of the way and they do not get a return fair. We met people on the shuttle the night before, when it was pouring rain, that could not find a cab driver willing take them to the hotel. We were lucky to find a cab that was willing to take us. The next day we had to take an 8:30am shuttle and wait around for the museums to open. If you stay at this hotel make sure you book your shuttles with plenty of time maybe even the day before or take your chances that you will find parking and it is not too expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. The hotel located in northeast, features a modern decor with 126 guest rooms and suites, complimentary hot breakfast and free shuttle service to a limited area. All rooms are equipped for business or leisure with Serta mattresses, 32-inch flat-screen TVs and ample work spaces. Business travelers will enjoy on site meeting space that allows a break away from city traffic. Leisure travelers and families can enjoy the close proximity to Metro which takes visitors to top historic attractions including the Smithsonian Institute's 19 museums, National Mall, Capitol Hill and universities. The hotel is located near Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. Top corporations and government agencies surrounding the hotel include ATF, DOD, FBI, USDA, FEMA, DC Government and Department of Homeland Security. We look forward to your arrival at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC, New York Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, Dc/New York Avenue Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairfield Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairfield Inn