“great place and great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Hilton

You added Washington Hilton to your Saves list
Washington Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1919 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $129!
Ranked #87 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Swanton, Vermont
“great place and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 12 nights for a recent business trip. The individual hotel rooms were well appointed, the AC worked well, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've slept on in a chain hotel and the staff was excellent. I did have an issue the first night with the room next door - the walls between rooms are thin but nothing would have deadened the full vloume dance music that started blasting at 4 am... I hoped it would stop... When 45 minutes went by with no lessening of the blasting noise, I called secruity who said they would send someone right up. And indeed within 10 minutes they came up and that was the end of the music. Thank you!! The numerous team rooms that our group utilized were well cared for and always restocked. I had dinner a few times at McClellans and while pricier than surrounding restaurants, the food and convenience was well worth it. And some great beers on tap! You can't beat the location - Metro (Dupont Circle) about 5 blocks away and within 3-5 blocks in any direction an excellent variety of restaurants and shops. Glen's Garden market is wonderul and a quick 5 minute walk away. I would also recommend using Super Shuttle to and from DCA - ontime and very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the elevator and ice machine,
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to comment. We continually strive to exceed guest expectations and I am pleased that you had an enjoyable visit. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to DC!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I got this hotel through one of express deals in priceline. For what I paid the hotel was outstanding. The rooms, the hallways lobbies and other public areas all seem to have been recently renovated or very well maintainted. The carpets are all fresh and bathroom fixture were all new, however the shower seemed a little on the week side. There is a business lounge downstairs where you can take your laptop and use make use of the wifi. The rooms themselves don't have free wifi which was the only reason I didn't give this hotel a five star.
My room was on the fourth floor however because the hotel is located in a slightly elavated area of the city I had great view of the city and washington monument. This hotel is only a few minutes walk away from some very good restaurants and night life in the dupont circle area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for your great review! It's important to us that our guests get a great value when coming to DC and want you to know how much we appreciate your business. We look forward to having you back.
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I have been staying her for nearly a week each year for an annual conference. Although the property is not new, it still attracts the likes of the televised White House Correspondents' Dinner and pulls it off well. Service is exquisite and outshines the slightly aging property. Rooms are very comfortable. Ask for free wi-fi, as it can get a bit pricey.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
So nice to read your kind review! You touched on so many aspects that make our hotel so popular with our guests and keep them coming back. It sounds like you really enjoyed your time with us and we hope you'll stay with us again when you return next time!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is a good hotel, with a very capable staff, and enough elevators to service the guests.

Furnishings and plumbing have been updated, rooms are comfortable, amenities excellent.

Two problems:
1. The housekeeping staff is stingy with refills on the complimentary (and excellent) shampoo, soap, etc. Which resulted in a "conditioner shortage" on our last day, and mere slivers of soap. We stay in this chain quite a bit, and generally find them generous with the amenities.
2. The renovated bathrooms are lovely. However....whoever designed the lighting needs to rethink the use of higher wattage bulbs. I am old. I need to be able to see to put on makeup! I literally could not put on makeup in the bathroom, resorting instead to using the desk, by the window, with the curtains wide open and all lights ON! Good thing we were on the 10th floor !

Room Tip: Ask for a battery operated lantern to take to the bathroom with you.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to DC.
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stayed here for five nights for a convention.

Location: GPS got totally confused. It is better to follow directions on the hotel's web site. Hotel is walking distance from Dupont Circle. Spaciously laid out. This is a historical hotel. President Regan was shot outside this hotel! Parking is expensive ($37) and access to parking is not intuitive.

Room: Renovated rooms on the executive floor. Rooms were fine. Bathroom only has shower but looks and feels good. Lots of outlets for gadgets.

Service: Front desk check-in attitude was not welcoming. Made one feel that they were doing you a favor letting you check-in! However, the rest of the staff, especially the lounge staff were hustling and working hard to keep you happy.

Food & Drinks: Plenty of choices. We landed up eating at the Convention or some great restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Club level come with free breakfast. there are snacks and a cash bar in the evening.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for reviewing the Washington Hilton. There are so many great things referenced in your review and we appreciate you taking the time to share with us. We pride ourselves in getting it right and really value your feedback. We look forward to your returning to stay with us on your next trip to DC!
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

When I checked in, the person attending me was Lee Tuper. He was very kind and went out of his way to make sure that I could have the best possible stay. In general, most of the staff was very helpful, but he was particularly helpful when checking in. As a result, I had a great stay there. During the heat, it was nice that the staff provided free water bottles and had a water dispensary at the front. The only complaint I would have is being charged to store my luggage.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. I am happy to hear that the level of service you experienced was what we expect from our staff. We really appreciate your loyalty to Hilton and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Exeter, Devon, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is the second time I’ve stayed at the Hilton at Du Pont circle and, again, it didn’t disappoint. The staff are friendly (especially David and team in the bar) and it has everything one could need for a business or leisure trip. My room was well-appointed; big TV with good channel choices, king size bed with good quality linen, great bath products; easy chair; and all the usual amenities – ironing board, safe, plenty of quality hangers etc. The hotel is really well located, a few minutes from the Metro and town. My only quibble would be that I think Hilton should really start including wifi and gym use in their overall charges but I know this is not something that the DC Hilton can control. But, all in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay. We hope to see you again on your return trip to DC.

Been to Washington Hilton? Share your experiences!