“Striving for Excellence” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Hilton

You added Washington Hilton to your Saves list
Washington Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1919 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $129!
Ranked #85 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Philadelphia, United States
“Striving for Excellence”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

For a convenient, affordable and welcoming stay in Washington, D.C., my husband and I would recommend the Hilton. Having tried many others, we like the Hilton's location and find the staff to be very eager to help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. Our staff is indeed eager to assist all our guests and we're glad you were able to recognize that. We look forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berwyn, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stay at this hotel every year during a business conference. It has recently been renovated and the rooms and conference meeting rooms are more comfortable. But in the public areas, comfy chairs have been replaced to accommodate high-top counters for laptop users, which is not as nice a space to meet and talk with friends. The rooms are more comfortable but the bathroom doorway is now glass so that if your roommate gets up in the middle of the night, you are woken up by the light streaming out the glass door. Not having a fridge is also very odd. On the plus side, staff were very nice and response time was quick.

Room Tip: Metro station is 5 or 6 blocks away. To avoid walking uphill, exit the station at Q Street and walk...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
We appreciate your continued business with us and always enjoy hearing from our loyal guests about their experiences with us. Your input regarding our hotel reconfiguration and upgrades is very helpful. We've passed on your comments to the appropriate members of our team and will keep them in mind as we continue to improve our guest experience
Davis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I am not a big fan of this chain, as they charge extras for everything, internet is not included and I find their hotels often cold and impersonal. However, I have a rather positive impression of this hotel in particular in Washington, DC. There is another hotel which is my favorite in the same price range in this area, but after that one, I do recommend this one.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for reviewing the Washington Hilton. It's great to know you recommend our hotel and that you find it to be best in class of Hilton options. We look forward to having you back!
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I'm amazed that after a huge renovation this pricey hotel does not have mini-fridges in the reviews, nor does the fitness centre have a sauna, hot tub or steam room. What did they spend all that money on? Shocked at their rates considering they don't have amenities that are considered basic at even the least expensive hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. Our renovation did completely revamp the hotel from the ground up. We are happy to provide mini fridges to our guests upon request. The health club does not have a sauna but does offer many other extras for our guests to enjoy. We hope you'll return on your next visit to DC and allow us to provide you with an excellent value for your stay.
Leuven, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I presented myself at the HHonors check in desk on January 11th at 5 pm with a reservation for an executive floor king bed room. I am HHonors diamond. the reservation was made months ago.
The check in agent (a young lady) asked if I could wait since no rooms were available. I replied that it was already late, past the check in time, and that I needed a shower after my overseas flight. I then asked if no upgrade rooms were available to accomodate me directly since I anyway was Hhonors diamond. She replied that I was already upgraded to the executive floor. I said that this was not the case since my booking was for the executive floor. She then replied that she could not upgrade me.
I then informed her that I would only stay one nigth at her hotel. She then started working her computer and came up with a room for me : room 10106 with two double beds which I accepted. For the inconvenience she offered me a voucher with one choice between free internet, free parking, a free coffee.... I replied that I would not accept this voucher since I had no car to park and since the other items were already free as Hhonors diamond. She replied : if I were you I would anyway go for the free coffee. I did rest my case and handed her the inconvenience voucher back.
The room and bathroom was very small and the room was very close to the elevator, so I could hear the interesting conversations of all people waiting for the elevator during the evening and night. So instead of being upgraded I had been downgraded. After a very noisy night with not much sleep I had breakfast in the lounge (no hot items). The printer in the lounge was not working (needs toner change). I then moved asap to the Intercontinental (completely satisfied).
To be fair : the Washington Hilton is not a dump but a standard room on the executive floor (which I assume I got) it is less good then a standard Hampton Inn room where the rooms are larger and everyone gets free internet and a free breakfast with hot items. There might be far better rooms which they reserve for their better customers ('super HHomors diamonds'?).
My recommendation is not to bet on this and to avoid this hotel. I am surprised by the good ratings of many other reviewers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review us. Our Diamond members are our very best guests and I am very sorry to read the issues you encountered during your stay. It is rare that a room would not be ready after check in time and I do want to assure you that we work very hard to avoid inconveniencing our customers in this manner. It is clear that you did not leave with the impression we pride ourselves on at the Washington Hilton and hope you will return on a future trip to DC to allow us to showcase why so many reviews carry high ratings.
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed 4 nights for a Conference. Staff was friendly and helpful, however 250$ w/o taxes each night is really too much. And you have to pay for breakfast, for internet, to enter the SPA etc. No refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. It is important to us that all our guests feel they received a great value for their stay whether travelling on business or for pleasure. We encourage you to return to the hotel on your next trip to DC!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

It is all you would expect from a Hilton. The bed is luxurious and I slept like a log every night. The staff are efficient and helpful (although none of them knew where I could get a chicken or country fried steak in DC). The free wifi area in the lobby was helpful and I avoided having to pay for wifi in my room. There are 4 computers in the lobby and I was able to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass. The hotel is between 2 metro stations, but it is an easy walk to DuPont Circle. Lots of restaurants on the way. And this hotel is where Ronald Reagan got shot! Obviously they don't have a sign marking the spot, but the doorman was very helpful.

On the negative side, there were no tea-making facilities, although there was a coffee percolator I was able to press-gang into action. At $20, breakfast was expensive but there are cheaper options just outside within walking distance. Also, the staff could have informed me that they were taking an extra $200 refundable deposit on my credit card for incidentals -I had to ask about the additional charge.

It was a great hotel but I might choose some place nearer a metro station next time I am in Washington in the winter. Too cold to be walking around much.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. So great you enjoyed a great sleep every night so you were well rested to be able to enjoy DC. We look forward to having you back on your next trip!

Been to Washington Hilton? Share your experiences!