“Enjoyable Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Hilton

You added Washington Hilton to your Saves list
Washington Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1919 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #90 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
“Enjoyable Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I recently attended the FSI conference which was held at this hotel. For business purposes the hotel was an excellent experience. The valet handled my car perfectly, Christian at the front desk did an above and beyond effort to locate my HHonors number-which he did. The room was small which you can expect from a big city hotel but immaculate. The hotel restaurant was an excellent gathering place after a day of meetings. Overall, for business travel the hotel was an excellent experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Ken, so great to read you had an enjoyable experience! We pride ourselves in delivering to our guests needs and I'll ensure Christian gets your kind words about going above and beyond. Thanks so much and we look forward to having you as our guest again at the Washington Hilton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lansing, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton as it was the host hotel for the Nation's Triathlon. Nice rooms, wonderful outdoor patio area to relax in, close to many good restaurants (including hotel restaurant), not too far from the Metro. We stayed 4 to a room (2 double beds) so it was "cozy" but comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during the Nation’s Triathlon. We hope you 'race' back to us soon!
Midlothian, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during the Washington Triathlon. The front desk was helpful and friendly, the room was clean and very nice with a great view, everyone was friendly. Location was great near DuPont Circle. Plenty of nice restaurants nearby. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again. Thank you, Washington Hilton for making our first trip to Washington a memborable one. It won't be our last!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We love when our guests recommend us; that is the best marketing! We are so happy we could make your first trip to D.C. a great one, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

At the risk of repeating myself, this is just another generic Hilton. As others have observed, the hotel is huge, hosts lots of conventions, and the personnel is not always in complete control of the facilities - my neighbor left his room service dinner plate in front of the door, and it stayed there for two days, for example. The sheer size of the building means that a walk to the pool may take 10 minutes if you live at the opposite end of the building, like I did.
The hotel is close to Dupond Circle, which I liked because of the interesting neighborhood and the farmer's market. Washington is a great city, and I did not regret choosing a hotel not within close proximity to the mall.
The hotel offered me an irresistible rate for a suite, which I could not refuse. Mind that it was not the kind of fancy fashion suite, just two really big rooms. It was nice to come back and stay in our own little appartment, watch some TV or whatever. I think I received a good value for my money.
In fact, I was initially prepared to spend more for the Park Hyatt, but when my wife compared the size of the pools, she immediately wanted the Hilton. Nice, money saved, I said to myself. We also had access to the executive lounge, although I found it too crowded in the morning, and the drinks were not free like at other Hilton exec lounges.
If I get the same rate for a suite again, I'd return, otherwise I'd probably give the Park Hyatt a try on my next trip to Washington.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I agree that it is really nice to stay in a suite while on vacation; all that extra room! We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to D.C.
Norwood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton, Connecticut Avenue, Washington, DC over the Labor Day weekend, 2013, and enjoyed the entire weekend. The hotel only 5-6 miles from Regan National Airport which was a short cab ride. The reception from the bell man and front desk was excellent. We checked in quickly and the luggage arrived sooner than expected. The room was extremely clean, comfortable and quiet. Restaurant and bar staff was quick, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. I wold go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for staying with us over the holiday weekend. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you soon!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Washington Hilton is an unbeatable location between Dupont Circle and Adam's Morgan. There are many wonderful restaurants and bars within walking distance and the Dupont metro stop is a sort walk away. Perhaps the hotel's excellent location have resulted in some slippage in the hotel's upkeep and service. The hotel is very large and houses a gigantic conference center so it is often extremely busy so the rooms have become a bit run down and the whole hotel smells like air freshener that is covering something up. There is a lovely outdoor pool but it is used not just by guests but by people from the neighborhood who purchase memberships and it was absolutely packed and overrun. On my first day there, there were no lounge chairs available at all. The Hilton also has a large and sunny fitness center but, despite the fairly hefty rates, guests are asked to pay to use the gym, which felt petty. The gym also offers neighborhood memberships so was frequently very crowded. On my final night at the Hilton, the fire alarm went off around 8 in the morning and my entire floor was evacuated. We returned to a hallway completely soaked by the sprinkler system and the smell was so awful, I was afraid of what incredible dirt and grim were hiding in the carpets. The hotel never explained exactly what had happened and didn't apologize for the inconvenience. I got the feeling that the management of the hotel was not entirely under control.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I am sorry about the inconveniences you faced while staying with us. We strive to ensure that all guests have a smooth and enjoyable stay with us, and I apologize that you felt crowded out of the hotel amenities. I apologize for the nuisance of the evacuation, but to ensure the safety of all guests and employees, if the sprinklers go off, people need to be evacuated so we can research the issue without endangering anyone. We hope that you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to D.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a hotel that has lots to offer! There is a pool, tennis court, bar, dining area and more. The BEST part of this hotel is the staff! One of the things that I look for is a happy staff. If the staff is happy, then you know that everything else will fall into place. If you are lucky, you may be greeted by such professionals as Eric Mata at the front desk. This guy is on the ball and and outstanding source of information. There are lots of elevators at this hotel so you are not waiting long to go up or down. The breakfast is really good with lots of variety. The price is a bit steep (about $24), but it is really good. The rooms are very nice and the air conditioner works GREAT! All rooms have a pretty good view and all room amenities are in excellent working order. This hotel is close to being "like new". You are within walking distance of just about everything.

Room Tip: Be sure to decide if you want a front or rear view. All views are nice but be prepared to "wal...