“Loud, dirty, expensive, tiny, unprofessional” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Hilton

Save Saved
You added Washington Hilton to your Saves list
Washington Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1919 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rates from $99!
Ranked #84 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
“Loud, dirty, expensive, tiny, unprofessional”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times and always hope that my experience will get better, but so far that has not been the case. The rooms are very loud with doors slamming in the hallways at all hours and paper thin walls so you can hear snoring, bathroom use, and regular conversations very easily.

Cleaning staff need to be much better trained -- the rooms were not cleaned well with old tissues under the tables and other things not well-cleaned, but the biggest problem I had was that they just entered whenever they felt like it at all hours of the day. 4 TIMES they came in without my permission!!! They started trying to clean the room around 8 am when I was still in bed. Didn't even give me a chance to get up to answer the door before they barged in. Don't they know I'm checking out today and they could wait a few hours till I leave? Honestly, how are they even going to clean when I'm still checked into the room??

Also, someone in the room right above me seemed to be scraping off bathroom floor tiles starting around 8:30 am. Very loud!

The bathroom is tiny with no counter space whatsoever. The food is ridiculously over-priced and not very good. You are also over-charged for many other amenities that are free in most other hotels (gym, internet). Being a Hilton Honors member got me no extra perks other than the "opportunity" for a late check-out of noon. Noon? That's normal check-out time. Thanks a lot!

There were a few good things -- the bed was comfortable and the conference space was pretty good. Despite that, I wouldn't book a conference here though because you probably won't get much sleep and the rooms are overpriced for the bad experience. Food and beverage charges for conference space here are outrageous as well, so I would definitely book conferences elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are very sorry for the inconveniences and poor service you've experienced during your last couple of stays with us. We will be sure to address our team in regards to your review and make the necessary changes. Again, we apologize and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
brockton, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had problems with the room (not enouth towels and soap in the room after the first night), Internet in the room is too expensive and parking charges on my bill (charges were dropped after call the desk) overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with not having adequate toiletries in the room. It sounds like the front desk was able to resolve your billing issue in a timely manner. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to DC.
Champaign
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A wonderful location near numerous restaurants and the metro. The bar restaurant provided a great setting for conversations and for viewing sporting events. The staff in the restaurant are wonderful. A friendly hotel staff. We had a memorable five night stay. The breakfast buffets were very good and the prices were reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing the Washington Hilton. I am pleased we were able to be a part of your inaugural experience. Our staff works hard to provide exceptional service to our guests and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to DC and for the 2017 inauguration.
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very big and although the service is good it is a little impersonal and 'standard'. The hotel is well maintained and the rooms have been newly refurbished so they are clean and modern though a little on the small side. As I was staying four only a night on my own it was plenty big enough for me, especially as it was quiet looking out to the back of the hotel (you can see Washington monument). And the bathroom, though also small, is actually quite modern with a good shower. The sports bar was good for a late drink and bite to eat. My only gripe is being charged $10 a day to use the gym which is in the hotel but charges because its run by a different company. The area is quite good and I didn't feel unsafe at all. DuPont Circle where there are cafes, shops etc was only a 5-10 minute walk and you can get the metro there. I actually walked all the way from the hotel to the mall both days I was there and it took around 20-30 minutes. I also walked to Georgetown on one of the days and it was about the same distance.

• Stayed April 2013
Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your short stay with us. I am so happy you took advantage of all our location has to offer; from DuPont Circle eats to other close by DC attractions like the Mall and Georgetown. We hope to welcome you back soon for a longer trip.
medina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

rooms small. king bed request not filled. The setting on the air conditioner was hard to set. The room would get to cold then wouldnt come back on till it got to hot. Lunch selections were very good. taxis are easy to obtain at front door. easy walk to many good resteraunts and the metro. drug store easy walk away. parking is very convienent to get to from the hotel. securety appears very good. nice outdoor seating with fire pits. nice place to read or get sun.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. I apologize for the issue with your air conditioner. I am glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of the Heights Terrace which is our large, beautiful outdoor seating area; a great place to unwind in the city. We hope you will stay with us on your next trip to DC.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

An impersonal hotel which lacks character. Poor value for money. Wifi access limited to a small area in the lobby which can be very busy in the evenings such that there is no space to sit. Other option is to use the in-room wifi connection and pay the hefty charge. Staff were brusque and certainly not willing to go the extra mile. Rooms were clean and fairly spacious. Overall disappointing standard of hotel. Would imagine there are many hotels in the area with more character and better value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca S, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. We pride ourselves on exceptional service, and I am sorry that we did not meet those expectations. Even though we are a large hotel, we still want each customer to feel valued and at home while staying with us. We hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to DC.
Near Detroit
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff was very helpful. The rooms are very small and the bathroom door didn't close in our room. We could easily hear the people in the next room when they were talking.

Navigating this hotel was a bit of a trick. It's an enormous hotel with a couple of subfloors. The corridors are very long but the interesting local pictures on the wall make a great way to find your room.

There are plenty of restaurants in all price ranges within 5 blocks so that's a big plus. The location for touristy things is just okay. Get a metro pass or put on some walking shoes. DuPont Circle metro station is close or you can just walk to Georgetown through the area where all the foreign embassies are.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end are quiet but far.