“NEVER USE VALET PARKING” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Hilton

You added Washington Hilton to your Saves list
Washington Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1919 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20009 (Adams Morgan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $99!
Ranked #85 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“NEVER USE VALET PARKING”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

For a $37 fee of Valet Parking, I figure I will get my car in a reasonable amount of time. NO....NOT EVER CLOSE!!!!!!! On May 13, I had a important meeting at 9 am. I figured giving myself 1 hour and 30 minutes was good enough because it's only 10 miles away from this hotel. I was in the lobby of the hotel at 7:45 and the valet service could not get my car to me until 8:35...a 50 minute wait. This is just unacceptable for a 4 star hotel charging me $37 dollars. It was clear to me that other guests waited just as long as me that morning.
Rooms are smaller than usual but clean. If you are looking for a quite hotel with quality service, go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
gjguerra, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
I am sorry to hear about your difficulties involving our valet parking service. It is disappointing to hear that your experience was not in line with what we expect for our guests. Once a guest requests their vehicle to be brought up, we do expect it to be delivered within 10 minutes. I have spoken to our valet manager about your incident. He has assured me that he will monitor this transaction time daily to avoid future delays. Thank you for your response.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

Well, I thought that I would loathe this Hilton as I know it to be ginormous. Yes,
I had a very long, and I mean quite a long walk to my room which was on the edge of Rock Creek!
No, it was not that bad but I thought that this hotel did surprise me for being so huge. First of all, the interior has been reworked a bit and the rooms are much improved. What is not friendly or convenient if one has AM meetings is the 11AM checkout. I thought it was pushy. I see the batallions of cleaning ladies but still.
This is not hospitality, nor is the recorded robo message about sustainability.

Check in was a bit rocky as I had to wait for a bit but it was smooth sailing. The line of questions
about who wold come into the room with me was odd and the way it was done was off-putting
to say the least. However, the rooms are so nice now. The bathroom is very clean and smart with a light-up
Connair mirror and better toiletries than what they used to have before.
The matresses were great but my only complaint is the AC which is bizarre. It turns on and off loudly and
it made me get cold and then hot, repeatedly. I awoke with a sore throat which scared me until I could have some coffee. It happens sometimes with hotel air conditioning but this was not great as I had to speak here in DC.
The free internet in the lobby is a great idea as it encouraged me to have a drink down in the " Direct Line" and get my affiars in order. If you are coming to DC, you may cinsider this hotel if you have children because
I beleive it may be spacious enough.
The location is a bit rough as it is a ten minute walk from the Dupont Station but the 42 bus stops right in frontof the hotel. The bar Maclellans is open late and I would have had something there if I was awake. They are soon opening up a coffee bar which is sorely needed.
If it was not for the 11 AM checkout, I would have to say that the Washington Hilton is a great choice for DC.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
gjguerra, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to convey your opinions about your recent stay. I am sorry that we were unable to extend a late checkout on the date of your departure. Although we do have an 11am checkout time, we do honor requests for late checkouts whenever possible. Unfortunately, there are cases where we are unable to offer late checkout times. In these cases, luggage may be stored with our bellmen in the luggage storage area for as long as needed. I was glad to see that your overall visit was enjoyable. Thank you again for your patronage.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I went to DC with a lot of family, five little kids and 9 adults. The rooms were lovely, the staff was ridiculously professional, helpful and kind. The kids could nap while we visited the bar. Just wish the pool had been open! We will go back. And we got a great deal online as well.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a newly refurbished room.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
gjguerra, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent visit to the Washington Hilton. I am glad to hear that our staff displayed the kind of courtesy we expect from them. I am sorry that the pool was not open during your visit. We are open now for the summer season. Also, there is no need to request a newly refurbished room as all of our rooms were refurbished during our $150 million renovation.
Pacific City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

We stayed 5 nights at the Washington Hilton and we were very happy with our stay. Our room was the smaller of king rooms, but it had plenty of space for us. The bed was very comfortable, and the room/bath room was exceptionally clean. The bathroom was small, but functional. One thing we would have appreciated would have been to have a refrigerator in the room. They have a few complimentary computers in the lobby if you need to check your e-mail which was very convenient for us.

Check in was efficient and staff were all helpful. We did not eat at the restaurants since the area has many great places nearby. The metro stop is close and if you take a short cut by taking the street to the right when you get to the Tomato restaurant, you can avoid the steeper hill when walking to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
gjguerra, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your visit to our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Although we do not have refrigerators in each guestroom, our Housekeeping department does have a specific amount available for our guests. Simply contact our Guest Services Hotline to inquire about receiving one on a future visit. We look forward to seeing you again.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed one night. There during the Washington Correspondence Dinner. The staff from the time we arrived at the Front Door to the time we left were wonderful.
The hotel was packed with the WHCD attendees and regular guests. They made every effort to make the guests of the hotel feel great. I had a room on the 8th floor overlooking the front where all the WHCD people were welcomed into the hotel. Also, the rooms have some of the windows that open in the room so you can get some fresh air.
The Fitness Center was outstanding and the pool is heated with Life Guards at the ready at 8:00 a.m.
Very nice experience all around.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
gjguerra, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Washington Hilton, and had a memorable experience. Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. Overall, I was not that impressed with it given the Hilton name. I agree with the previous reviews about the A/C--the A/C constantly turns on and off, and does not regulate the temperature well. As soon as the A/C stops blowing cold air, it gets extremely stuffy and hot, triggering it to turn back on in a cyclical way, but never quite getting the room to a good temperature. On top of that, it is noisy so it makes it hard to sleep through the constant clicking/churning on and off. In addition, the rooms are already expensive, but then they charge for every little thing such as charging $1 to hold your suitcase for the day after you check out (it's not the $1, but it was the principle that it was so trivial and is usually a service provided by most hotels). The restaurants are expensive. The pillows look like they will be comfortable, but they flatten out as thin as paper once you put your head down. The front desk staff are a bit disorganized and the lines are always long to check in or even ask a question. When I checked in, there was apparently a fed ex package for me, but instead of handing it to me upon check-in, they left a voicemail on my phone (sometime during the time I got on the elevator and walked to my room) letting me know it was at the front desk. So I had to go back down and wait again for 10 min in the line to pick it up. Small things like that added up throughout the stay. The positives: the neighborhood is excellent, it is walking distance to the Dupont Circle metro, and the rooms are very clean. The views are excellent from the top floors (request one of the top floors if you can!). Overall I would probably stay at another nearby hotel in the future (there are a ton in the area), though.

Room Tip: try requesting a room on one of the top floors
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
gjguerra, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 1, 2011
I would like to apologize for the HVAC issues you experienced during your stay. Our director of engineering has been made aware of your experience and will be looking into the problem. I would also like to apologize for the inattentiveness that you experienced at check-in. I am sending you a personal message in an effort to collect additional information so that we can ensure this issue is resolved. It is our hope that you will consider us again in the future as we remain confident your next experience will be more enjoyable.
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Nice hotel close to several restaurants and shops within walking distance. Had great experience with staff throughout from check in to restaurant. Definitely coming back here next time I'm in DC area.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
gjguerra, Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, May 1, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel. We are happy to see that you would recommend us to others. Thank you for your patronage.

Been to Washington Hilton? Share your experiences!