“You get what you paid for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Washington DC

You added Motel 6 Washington DC to your Saves list
Motel 6 Washington DC
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6711 Georgia Ave., Washington DC, DC 20012 (Upper Northwest)   |
Ranked #126 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Rochester, United Kingdom
“You get what you paid for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I would say that its value for money. Its perhaps one of the cheapest hotels in Washington DC. Compare it to Comfort Inn just down the road which is about twice the price.
People shouldn't expect more than what they get considering the amount paid in a city like Washington.
I stayed there and of course could have gotten better value for MORE money elsewhere. I was particularly impressed and thankful when I was allowed to go back into the room, after 12noon check out time, to freshen up (at no extra cost) before my flight which was for about 6pm that day. I had run some last minute errands earlier and gotten back to the hotel at about 12 noon

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service. The Comments and feed backs we receive from our customer helps for the improvement of our service.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and your review.
General Manager,
Negassa Rebu, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The room floor was sticky and not clean. You can hear other people arguing in other rooms. I did not feel safe. The nearest metro was not near. No breakfast or internet access. It was not cheap and the service was non-existent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill in the guest survey regarding your most recent visit to our property. I appreciate your feedback and I will share it with our team. I am sorry to hear of your overall satisfaction with your stay. I apologize for any inconveniences that may have arisen during your visit. I would appreciate any further feedback that you would care to share. Our goal is to continually improve our product and services for our valued guests. Again, my apologies. I look forward to hearing from you.

Westlake
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is the worst motel I have ever stayed in. Period.

I routinely stay in motels of similarly category on road-trips, so I should know. Here is why it is worse:
1. Cramped room
2. 3 storeys with a single elevator that does not work half the time
3. No breakfast, no internet, no shampoo, no conditioner, no fridge in the room
4. Stained and unclean linen, uncomfortable bed mattress.
5. Cockroach in the room. Also bitten at night, so presumably bedbugs.
6. Heater in the room is unusable because it smells like rubber is burning inside.
7. The key card stops working every single day, despite keeping it away from everything else.
8. I had to remind them twice to fill up the coffee, which is pretty much the only thing they serve.
9. Noisy guests and thin walls

Strongly recommend you stay away from this place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Pranav
Thank you for your feedback and comments about your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay because of various issues. Our Management team considers seriously our customers’ feedback and all the issues you raised have been addressed and all corrective measures have been taken to prevent similar problems.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and your review.
Greenville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

100 dollars a night!!!! far away from Downtown, you get dirty sheets, dirty bedspread with mites, dirty bathroom, the tv with a few channels and a lot of distortion. dirty hallway, people smoking marijuana on the stairs. children screaming all night. people constantly asking for money or cigarettes. nobody came to clean the room. heating expels dust. access to the door of the room must be reprogrammed every day. forget breakfast, horrible coffee. broken furniture. They charged to my credit card $ 250 for smoking in the room, and I always went to the sidewalk to smoke. ''had cigarette burns on the bathtub''. 99% of the people in this Motel are African American or Mexican with low education.

Room Tip: If you want freedom from constant bites of mites and scratching all night, or hearing screams until...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Mr. Federico,
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. I’m so sorry to hear that you are not stratified with an sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with our team and the necessary steps have been taken to prevent recurrence. I hope to have another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs so please contact me directly to arrange your future reservation and I will gladly assist you.
Crawley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I first stayed at this Motel 6 2006 and chose it for its convenient access to a train station to get me in to the city without paying city prices. It left me with no bad impressions so was happy to stay again in 2013. The reception and staff were friendly, helpful and polite and I had no complaints about the room. It was in my view a standard Motel 6, which is clean and adequately presented. There is a lift [elevator], vending machines and coffee in the morning. Car parking was not a problem.

As I have said, access to a train station was the main reason for staying here and Takoma station is around 15 to 20 minutes walk for short fat legs. However, print a map out and follow it. I thought I could rely on my memory from 2006 and went wrong both there and back. That’s just me. It is quite easy.

I have to pass comment on the earlier reports regarding bed bugs, the state of the motel and the shady neighbourhood. Whilst not the best Motel 6 around it is no worse than most cheap independent and other chain motels in this class. I have spent a total of five nights here and have never been bitten or seen so much as a spider. No smells, no stains, no drug users. I have walked the neighbourhood extensively and never felt any insecurity. Whilst the décor may be tired, if it’s décor you want then pay the price for a Hilton or Marriot in the city centre. If you want an adequate motel with good access to the city without paying city prices then stay here.

I’m not trying to enhance their reputation and if I had anything bad to say I would. I’m an Englishman who has travelled through all of the 48 mainland states [Hawaii and Alaska to do] and the number of nights that I have stayed in a Motel 6 runs well in to three figures so I’m pretty confident I know what I’m talking about. Nor have I been bitten by anything in any Motel 6. Well, almost. By some yappy little dog the size of a rat running down the corridor. The owner grabbed it and took off when I suggested I might eat it.

I have an issue with the Trip Advisor ratings with 3 stars [or circles] for average and four for very good. That’s too much of a gap. It needs a good, which is what I give it. Or three and a half. So I have marked it up to four rather than down.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
MOTEL64063, General Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. We are glad that you’ve enjoyed your stay. We look forward to another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs. We would like let you know that we are on the process of full renovation process to change the property to the new Phoenix type.
It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback which is shared with our staff to reinforce best practices, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our service.
las vegas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Pictures on their web site make you think the rooms are beautiful. Not. The comforter was so stained, I didn't want it touching me. Halls were filthy and had holes in the walls. The front desk staff was constantly on their cell phones with personal calls, and wouldn't answer the front desk phone. If I kept calling, they would pick up the phone and hang it back up. The directions I was given by the staff were completely wrong. Stains on the walls, matches on the bathroom floor, nice flat screen tv, with bad picture. Not that they could help this, but the halls reeked of pot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the feedback about your stay at the Motel 6 Washington DC. I’m so sorry to hear that your stay was not comfortable and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Your feedback has been shared with our team and the necessary steps have been taken to prevent recurrence. I hope to have another opportunity to serve your future accommodation needs so please contact me directly to arrange your future reservation and I will gladly assist you with your reservation.
Dunedin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Looked fine in the pictures and from the outside. Even the lobby was fine, the first clue should have been the bullet proof perspex at the counter. We thought that the location ( within 1 mile of the Whitehouse), would have guaranteed a nice neighbourhood, after this experience we checked better for the rest of the trip...
Vinyl floors, loudest cooling in the world, which could not drown out the noise of general mayhem outside. Plastic covers on the mattress, scratchy (grey) sheets, and a wall that moved everytime the next unit opened and closed their doors - frequently all night...
Seemed to be set up so the room could be hosed out

I have always extolled the virtues of Motel 6 as a cheap, clean experience when you are just passing through...this was not up to any sort of standard I've struck before...admittedly all my previous experience was on the West Coast.

The best thing about this place was the ease of cancelling the second nights stay we had booked in for...they seemed to be used to it (and it has to be said the staff were good)

Room Tip: Don't stay here - drive over to Arlington, Day's Inn was $10 more, slightly less handy and a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Washington DC, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Heather,

Been to Motel 6 Washington DC? Share your experiences!