“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 13th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #83 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I left a flash drive in the computer in the Business Center. Of course I didn't realize I had left it there.

3 weeks later I got a call from Dantrise at the front desk telling me I had left the drive behind and would I want her to send it to me?

Everything about our stay was terrific including the room, the location and we had received solid advice from the front desk on where we could go nearby for dinner. But this takes the cake. This is the level of service you expect from a hotel costing 3 times as much.

Thank you, Dantrise!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

541 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Herrestad, Östergötlands Län, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed at Comfort Inn for the 2013 AUVSI convention, a business trip. Good location for visiting the Walter E. Washington convention center.
Well kept and maintained hotell, a bit on the smaller side (elevators and corridors). AC makes some noise so it had to be turned off in order to get some sleep.
Staff was brilliant. Always helpful with advices and sensitive to your needs. A special thank you to Dantise who made me feel welcome and set things up for me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the first time I've written a review, but I feel like I need to warn anyone who may be considering this hotel. Where to begin...I reserved 2 rooms online a week in advance(1 king bed room and 1 room with 2 double beds). When my family(there are 6 of us) and I arrived around 11:30pm I was told that there were no rooms with 2 double beds available! I was offered a room with a double bed and a sofa bed(which was more like a loveseat bed). While my family and I were trying to decide what to do about this situation another guest came up to the desk with her daughter and told the lady behind the counter that the room she had given them was already occupied and she and her 8 yr old daughter walked in on a couple that was "busy" in the bed! Ekkkk!! How embarrasing for both families!!! I was told that I would be able to get a room with 2 double beds on my second night and after a day of seeing the sights, we come back and they only have 1 room reserved for us!!! They girl on duty said that the previous person on duty told her the situation and was told to move us from the room w/1 double bed and sofa bed to a room w/ 2 double beds, but didn't say anything about the second room we had. Thankfully they hadn't moved anyone into the king bed room yet, so our belongings were safe. Soooo, we had to wait for the lady to find another room with 2 double beds(which they did find this time thankfully). Their "valet" parking is a joke. You pay $30 a night for the valet to find a spot on the street to park your car. Really??? Because of all the trouble I had with the rooms, the valet was nice enough to find a spot on the street for me to park without paying the $30 a night. The elevators are tiny(they only fit 5 people). The rooms were alot smaller than I expected. On the positve side, the staff was very courteous, the bed was comfortable and the continental breakfast was great! If things were more organized this could be a good hotel, but it seems that they are used to having problems there. There was this one couple whose keys were lost by the valet. They were from PA and their son met someone from the hotel halfway between PA and DC to bring the spare keys for their car!!! I was shocked at how many issues there were in the short time I was there. I have stayed at Comfort Inn's in other states and this is by far the worst. Stay at your own risk!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in July for Independence Day, and thoroughly enjoyed myself! I couldn't recommend the hotel highly enough.

The reception staff (I cant remember any names unfortunately) were warm, friendly and very informative upon check-in and throughout the stay and I found the breakfast to be well above my expectations!

The location is great, just a short walk from all the major sights, and at the end of a long day it's about $5 in a taxi!

I would definitely stay at this hotel again!! I've been to DC twice before this, and stayed in more expensive hotels but would recommend this one above the others for friendliness and value for money! I don't think you could get much more for your money in such a central location!

• Stayed July 2013
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

DC Review

Checking in and valet parking my car was smooth; Room had no view; linen and room was clean; beds were comfortable; breakfast was fresh and conveniently laid out although after a few days it became boring; hotel is in walking distance of some local attractions. The best mode of transportation for getting around is walking, biking or using the metro bus or train.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I just stayed there 2 nights while playing tourist in Washington DC.

The building looks very old but is nicely renovated. The rooms, however, are pretty small. The front desk staff and everyone else were very nice and helpful. Breakfast was included in the rate and about what you would expect. Price was very good for DC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I normally refuse to stay at less than a 3 star. But since we were only in DC two nights and on a total of a 2 week vacation and needed to save funds anywhere we could, I went ahead and booked this hotel. I originally booked a place not far away for a total of $400 and got this for $250.

The hotel has just been renovated so it is all nice and new. The staff were very friendly and the room was clean - something that is very important to me. The location was ideal, just a short walk to McPherson Square station if you are catching the Metro. While the room was large, especially for DC, it had a bit too much furniture in it. I would have rearranged it and the flow would have been better

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center? Share your experiences!