My family (husband, son, and I) stayed in a double bed room here. The room was small, but it was fine for us and was priced nicely. Remember to add $30 or so per day for the parking though as they do use valet parking which will make your stay cost extra. The beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. The breakfast was pretty good. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. We especially loved being in a convenient location. We walked to the Smithsonian museums, the White House, and the Lincoln Memorial (and a few other memorials). Many probably wouldn't want to walk that far (our feet were hurting at the end of the day), but it is doable with the White House only being one mile from the hotel. We took the Circulator to the zoo since it was a little further, and that bus only cost $1 each. It was very convenient, and I highly recommend using that bus system in DC. We would definitely use this hotel again for the competitive price, great location, and helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 2012 Newly renovated Comfort Inn® Downtown/Convention Center is conveniently located at the corner of 13th Street and M Street, within walking distance of the Washington Convention Center and the Verizon Center sports and entertainment arena. The McPherson Square Metrorail station and Mt. Vernon Square Metrorail station are within three blocks, making it easy to visit all the area has to offer.This Washington, D.C. hotel provides easy access to popular attractions, including the National Mall open-area national park, the Smithsonian National Zoological Park (known as the National Zoo or Washington Zoo) and the Smithsonian Institution museum complex. The Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is just four miles away. Additional local points of interest include:• 0.4 miles from the McPherson Square – Orange/Blue Line • 0.4 Miles from The Mount Vernon Sq/Convention Center Green/Yellow line • 0.8 Miles from the White House• Howard University • United States Holocaust Memorial Museum • International Spy Museum and The Newseum • George Washington University. There is always something to do in the nation's capital. Visitors will enjoy nationally acclaimed theaters, free concerts, festivals, museums and world-class shopping location in the surrounding area. Guests of this Washington, D.C. hotel can have their pie and eat it too. The hotel offers many full-service amenities and features, including free breakfast with hot waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. Additional amenities include free high-speed Internet access, free coffee, free local calls, free weekday newspaper and valet parking. After a busy day, guests are invited to unwind in the exercise room.Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like voice mail and business center with access to fax and secretarial services. This boutique-style hotel feature elegantly appointed rooms that come equipped with coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. Valet cleaning services are provided for guest convenience. The Comfort Inn Downtown/Convention Center provides all the luxuries seasoned travelers have come to expect. Above all, our most impressive amenity is our warm and inviting staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Otel, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown Dc / Hotel Washington Dc
- Comfort Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Comfort Inn