We had a good experience here during the Cherry Blossoms. The hotel is located in a more residential neighborhood whereas over one street on 14th, it had a more commercial feel. Felt safe walking around. The hotel is small but kept up well. We had a decent corner room on the 5th floor and loved it, had a city scape view. Small rooms but after touring all day, it's not like we felt like leaping about the room. There is a firehouse down the street. You will hear them but it wasn't a deal-buster. Big TV, wireless worked great. Bathrooms were neat and tidy. Beds were comfortable. The elevators are small and a bit slow at breakfast time. Breakfast was fine. The typical food they always serve. Just don't go right at opening. The place was mobbed. Wait a half hour and you'll have a much better experience. More seating and fully stocked. All the employees I dealt with were polite and personable, efficient, like they wanted to be there. For the money, this is a good, little hotel. It's not a big, opulent place but I'd certainly go back. You can walk to tourist stuff easily if you're somewhat an active person. We walked to the tidal basin and back and it was a pretty good hoof but we're walkers. You'll be fine here. Utilize the Circulator for certain neighborhoods. From Union Station to 13th and K, it took us 25 minutes and cost $1.50. A taxi will run you $18.00. We walked easily (with small suitcases) from the bus stop a few blocks north to the hotel. Check it out online for routes and stops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 2012 Newly renovated Comfort Inn® Downtown/Convention Center is conveniently located at the corner of 13th Street and M Street, within walking distance of the Washington Convention Center and the Verizon Center sports and entertainment arena. The McPherson Square Metrorail station and Mt. Vernon Square Metrorail station are within three blocks, making it easy to visit all the area has to offer.This Washington, D.C. hotel provides easy access to popular attractions, including the National Mall open-area national park, the Smithsonian National Zoological Park (known as the National Zoo or Washington Zoo) and the Smithsonian Institution museum complex. The Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is just four miles away. Additional local points of interest include:• 0.4 miles from the McPherson Square – Orange/Blue Line • 0.4 Miles from The Mount Vernon Sq/Convention Center Green/Yellow line • 0.8 Miles from the White House• Howard University • United States Holocaust Memorial Museum • International Spy Museum and The Newseum • George Washington University. There is always something to do in the nation's capital. Visitors will enjoy nationally acclaimed theaters, free concerts, festivals, museums and world-class shopping location in the surrounding area. Guests of this Washington, D.C. hotel can have their pie and eat it too. The hotel offers many full-service amenities and features, including free breakfast with hot waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon. Additional amenities include free high-speed Internet access, free coffee, free local calls, free weekday newspaper and valet parking. After a busy day, guests are invited to unwind in the exercise room.Business travelers will appreciate conveniences like voice mail and business center with access to fax and secretarial services. This boutique-style hotel feature elegantly appointed rooms that come equipped with coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television. Valet cleaning services are provided for guest convenience. The Comfort Inn Downtown/Convention Center provides all the luxuries seasoned travelers have come to expect. Above all, our most impressive amenity is our warm and inviting staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Downtown DC / Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown Dc / Hotel Washington Dc
- Comfort Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Comfort Inn