I stayed at the Willard for 5 nights while attending a meeting in the JW Marriott across the street. Compared to the rather characterless Marriott, the Willard boasted great charm and a sense of history. The public areas are meticulously maintained. My room was generously sized with a nice work area (Deluxe King). Bedding was some of the best I have encountered in any hotel. Room service was prompt (they arrived before their own estimate) and well prepared. The only small minor issue is traffic noise (my room faced 14th Street and the Marriott), which starts early in the morning. Although I was not inconvenienced, late sleepers may want a room facing inward rather than the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1850, the name Willard has epitomised the grand hotel concept in the nation s capital. Today, Willard InterContinental Washington continues the tradition in landmark style. Located just two blocks from the White House and the National Mall, the hotel is convenient to government and business offices, shopping and many must-see sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc