This hotel made my visit to DC perfect.
The hotel is situated within reasonable walking distance to The White House, the Washington Monument, The Mall, The White House Visitors Centre and many other attractions situated in this area.
We stayed in DC for the Fourth of July celebrations for 4 nights. The receptionist was extremely welcoming and informative - he gave us a map and highlighted all the best things to see and do around the city, including events that were happening on the Fourth in and around the hotel.
We upgraded on arrival and were given a room overlooking 14th Street NW. The room was huge - both beds were massive and extremely soft and comfortable. There was a sitting area with armchairs and desks, and the room was very airy and light - thanks to the massive windows. The bathroom was also large, with a bath/shower, bidet and vanity area. Both the sleeping area and bathroom was extremely clean and well furnished. There were tea and coffee making facilities and in-room mini-fridge.
We ate each morning in the breakfast restaurant - Cafe Du Park. You were seated to a table and helped yourself to the buffet food on offer. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff were pleasant and helpful. There is also a cafe downstairs from the restaurant where anyone can come in and order treats such as muffins, cookies and other pastry delights alongside tea and coffee. We also used the outdoor restaurant - Occidental Grill and Seafood - which served delicious food.
The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful - I cannot find the words to describe it. Each morning, huge bouquets of fresh flowers in vases are centered in the lobby which are lovely to look at. The lobby has many alcoves and places to sit in the cool comfort out of the blistering summer sun. There is an expensive gift shop located on Peacock Alley - again, a luxurious and absolutely stunning walk way within the hotel, lined with Palms and ornamental furniture and sitting areas. At the end of Peacock Alley there an interesting, albeit small, museum, showing the history of the hotel and those who visited it.
We used the Red Door Spa - the staff were again exceptional and we had a pleasant treatment.
From the outside, the hotel is spectacularly beautiful. The doormen are very helpful and cabs are lined up just opposite to be called to the front door.
Because of where the hotel is situated, the area is very quiet at night time with very few other restaurants in the immediate vicinity. If you wish to go shopping nearby, you must walk several blocks in all directions to find the nearest TJ Maxx, coffee shops, H&M and other such shops. There is a Hard Rock Cafe several blocks away along with an Elephant and Castle. There is a White House souvenir shop on the nearest block corner, and a CVS Pharmacy nearby.
This hotel was an absolute fairytale - its decor, location and staff made my stay perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1850, the name Willard has epitomised the grand hotel concept in the nation s capital. Today, Willard InterContinental Washington continues the tradition in landmark style. Located just two blocks from the White House and the National Mall, the hotel is convenient to government and business offices, shopping and many must-see sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc