We stayed at the Willard end of March, 2013. It is a lovely hotel in a perfect location for those wanting to visit the National Mall & other sites (2 blocks from White House), plus it's a very historical hotel (term "lobbyist" coined here). We booked a few months in advance since we were trying to time it for the Cherry Blossoms. Weather did no cooperate, however. Because I booked (2 king rooms) in January, we got a very good deal, otherwise this hotel is pricey. The staff & service were excellent. The rooms were always clean and very quiet. BUT. . .be prepared for the prices for breakfast in the hotel (we ate all our other meals out). The continental breakfast in the lobby is $10/per person for fruit, pastries & coffee. hmmm. . .could walk across the street to Starbucks and get the same thing for half the price. We found out the hard way that the breakfast buffet in the café required reservations. It is upstairs, cramped and $25/per person which does not include an omelet bar or much other than the mundane fare. We were not impressed. The other issue I have with this majorly upscale hotel is the fitness center. It is the size of a postage stamp (the hotel seems to have spent their money & square footage on the Spa adjoining). There are bikes & treadmills, but try to do any free weights or stretching and you better hope you are the *only* person in that area, since there is no room for anyone else! The stretching mats (yoga mats) are absolutely filthy and the roller (1/2 size even) looked like a dog had chewed it up. No cubbies to place any jacket or room key or anything. We were there 4 mornings and it was crowded whenever we went. Other than the above, I would recommend this hotel if you book early and get a deal on the rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1850, the name Willard has epitomised the grand hotel concept in the nation s capital. Today, Willard InterContinental Washington continues the tradition in landmark style. Located just two blocks from the White House and the National Mall, the hotel is convenient to government and business offices, shopping and many must-see sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc