As everyone has said, this is a great hotel rich in history. As I told my son, this is old fashioned elegance. The keys to this hotel are - great service, great location, spacious and clean rooms: if you put early check in on your reservation and your room is not ready, they will do everything to get it ready quickly and call your cell. Mine took about 45 mins which was just enough time to eat. If you are coming to go to a show, walk the monuments, go down to Verizon Center etc...this is all within easy walking distance. We had a double queen room and it was huge - big bathroom, lots of closet space, big bar area etc...there is even a shoe horn and a clothing brush in the closet should you need them (along with nice soft robes)
A few tips for travelers who do not know the area. If you want to shop just walk down F street - there are a bunch of things along the way (Macys, Forever 21, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor) when you get to 9th you will run into the Verizon Center - turn left and you can explore Gallery Place, Urban Outfitters etc...so plenty to do. You can also catch the metro at Metro Center along the way and go 3 stops to the zoo or several other places in the city.
One last tip - we had room service breakfast and I do not recommend the scrambled eggs unless you like them runny. I think you would have to specify you want them "well done". The potatoes are very simple and nothing special. But breakfast being delivered is one of my son's favorite things in the world so that said, he thought it was magnificent. The service was impeccable from room service.
One last thing - don't miss the state seals on the ceiling of the lobby - especially if you are with a child who is interested in history. it's fun to find certain states - the front desk can supply a map as well as a keepsake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1850, the name Willard has epitomised the grand hotel concept in the nation s capital. Today, Willard InterContinental Washington continues the tradition in landmark style. Located just two blocks from the White House and the National Mall, the hotel is convenient to government and business offices, shopping and many must-see sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc