The Willard is defined by its history - you can feel it as soon as you step through the front doors. If you tend to prefer contemporary and relaxed (as I usually do!), you may want to look elsewhere. However, it was fun to stay here for a few nights for work. The Willard has a great location within walking distance to the Reagan center, local restaurants, and even some tourist attractions.
The room, while not huge, was comfortably sized and the bed was great. Bathroom was nothing special, but more than adequate. BE CAREFUL with the mini bar - I picked up a can of nuts to read some nutrition information and was charged for them! That's what I get for not reading the information card first.
If you can, ask for a room facing the park across the street - it makes for a nice view and (at least as of last year) there was free Wi-Fi from the park (some sort of city service). That definitely beat paying for it in the room! Also, there's a drug store just a couple of blocks down the street that's convenient for snacks, drinks, forgotten items, etc. - way cheaper than the hotel gift shop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1850, the name Willard has epitomised the grand hotel concept in the nation s capital. Today, Willard InterContinental Washington continues the tradition in landmark style. Located just two blocks from the White House and the National Mall, the hotel is convenient to government and business offices, shopping and many must-see sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc