My husband and I were in DC for a few days for the National Treelighting Ceremony and wanted to stay near the White House and Presidental Park. What a perfect location this was. We also got a great rate for a delux king room. Because the rate was so good I was exepcting the room to be fairly ordinary but we found ourselves in a large comfortable room, with a beautiful view, king bed, seating area with couch, two chairs, coffee table and side tables, a granite counter top and cabinets, equipped with coffee maker, cups, glasses, water and mini-fridge. There was also a nice desk set up with a charging panel for Iphones and Ipads. There was a charge for internet but it was reasonable and could be purchased in hourly, daily or multi day packages. The bathroom was not particularly large but it was modern and had a very nice shower. We only ate at the hotel one day for breakfast because there are so many other restaurants and cafes nearby. There was a room just off the lobby(might be called the hotel museum) with lots of old pictures that I would recommend checking out if you're interested in history.
The hotel itself is quite old and proud of its history, displaying pictures of many former presidents and politically important people. The lobby always seems to be bustling with people. We were there in early December and the hotel was decorated for Christmas, with garland and trees and even official White House ornaments. There were at least two or three Choirs on the lobby everyday singing carols and entertaining guests.
Not only was the hotel lovely but the service was exceptional from the doorman to the front desk to the maid service......polite, friendly and accomodating.
- Also Known As:
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel
- Willard Intercontinental Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Washington Dc
- Intercontinental Hotel Washington Dc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1850, the name Willard has epitomised the grand hotel concept in the nation s capital. Today, Willard InterContinental Washington continues the tradition in landmark style. Located just two blocks from the White House and the National Mall, the hotel is convenient to government and business offices, shopping and many must-see sights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Willard InterContinental Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.