“Solid” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill

You added Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill to your Saves list
Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   525 New Jersey Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Ranked #68 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Solid”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Here for a business trip. Checked in at 11:00 PM and gone by 8:00 AM. Room was clean. As someone that runs/works out the location can't be beat as 2 blocks from Capital Hill and workout room nice.

Common area large and comfortable.

Good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Indonesian first
千葉県
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I thought the hotel was small because the price was very reasonable. But actually, the hotel was very big and luxurious atmosphere. Above all, the entrance was very big and beautiful. The room was wide. There was coffee maker in the room, but there is neither security box nor refrigerator.
The hotel is near Union Station and I could walk to museums.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night after buying a groupon. I must admit i didnt expect much but i was delighted with the hotel. The staff were so friendly and the recently-renovated rooms are modern and very comfortable. The public areas are a little dated but they clearly pay a lot of attention to cleanliness, which matters far more to me. The location is amazing, particularly for tourists. If you have a car, i recommend parking around the corner at Union Station, as it costs half as much as parking at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great hotel at a great location. 5 min. walking from Union Station, so close to different places to eat, shopping and metro rail and trains. Beautiful lobby. Friendly and helpful employees. The room was ok, but a room for 4 people had 3 towels. Accessible electrical outlets, not so good toiletries. Great view of the Capitol. I will definitely will come to this hotel if I return to DC. We booked through their website and we got a great deal. We paid $99/night but included a $10/night to use it if we want to, if not, there were applicable to the total of the invoice, so the night cost us $89

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My stay at the Washington Court Hotel was amazing. This is by far the BEST hotel that I have ever stayed in. Their website says that they will impress, and they do. The communication by email with Adam Helldorfer before and after my stay was on point. I had many questions, and he was always very timely with his response. Check in was simple, valet was helpful and quick, the room was immaculately clean (even though I am tough to please). It was a wonderfully spacious room, and we got the most basic room with a king sized bed. Water pressure in the shower was very strong and the toilet flushed well. The room service for breakfast was well worth $9/$11 that they charge (big servings) and the room service staff was very friendly and accommodating. They allowed me to bring my 15 pound dog with no issues, it was great. I was worried that the room they may have put us in would have been less than par because they have specific rooms for dog owners. That was not the case, this room was very clean and even smelled nice. The gym is the best hotel gym I have ever seen, great choices of equipment
and weights!!! The lobby is very impressive and the Bistro 525 downstairs was AMAZING. Great food and service. It was quiet and had private feel to it. Perfect for my husband and I.
I only have two complaints. First, I asked that they put a refrigerator in my room; I confirmed by phone twice before my arrival and was told upon check in that it would be taken care of. My refrigerator never arrived. Alas, I had brought my cooler and used their ice. Secondly, we continuously had the “privacy please” sign up during our stay, and despite this fact, staff walked into our room twice during our stay while we were in the room. I do not think they meant to, but the sign was clearly up and on the proper side (the other side of the sign says “service please”). Other than those two things, I cannot complain. I love it here! And I plan to return when I go to DC again. Thank you Washington Court!

Room Tip: Even the basic room is wonderful. Bring your pet!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is a great hotel if you like "nice" but not stuffy. Less formal than some 4 stars, but still very elegant. I called ahead of time to let them know it was my husband's 40th birthday and his first visit to DC; they upgraded our room and gave us one with a GORGEOUS view of the Capitol. Very kind staff, and the breakfast buffet was great!

North Branford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I just stayed 2 fantastic nights at this hotel and only 2 blocks from the Capital Building. The rooms were spacious and clean .The rooms were recently remodeled with a huge granite bathroom and were provided with all the amenities needed for a great stay. The staff was very accommodating and I was upgraded to a room with a view of the Capital which I had requested.The lobby was beautifully decorated for the holidays and the size was overwhelming with views of the restaurant and cocktail lounge.
We will be staying there again on our next visit to DC.

Room Tip: Great location, most museums are within walking distance.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Washington Court Hotel on Capitol Hill? Share your experiences!