“Outstanding value; I'd stay again in a heartbeat” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Extended Stay
Ranked #41 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Outstanding value; I'd stay again in a heartbeat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you're looking at hotels in this price range, choose the Savoy Suites with no fear -- it's safe, clean, well-maintained and comfortable. The rooms and facilities are perfectly fine/nice. It's in a good neighborhood, a little off the beaten path (across the street from the Russian Embassy!) but there's an active bus stop a block away, plus hotel shuttle service to a Metro station. The $20 parking per night in their safe, clean garage comes with complete in/out-access and is cheaper than many places. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. I wish they'd had continental breakfast; their breakfast buffet was a little pricey, but other than that, the Savoy Suites was a great choice for our family trip -- for the price, nothing else came close!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LuvinDC, Manager at Savoy Suites Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
hello Scott K

Thanks very much for your insights! We certainly love the fact that we were convenient for you during your visit ,and we love being a little away from the noise of downtown Georgetown. We have served our Russian embassy friends for many years, and look forward to doing the same with you as well! Please come back to see us any time you get a chance. We'll be here for you!

Safe Travels,
Vince Purdie
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Hampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I recently took a last-minute business trip to DC. We wanted a hotel close to our meeting. The Savoy Suites was PERFECT! Great location. Staff was amazingly friendly, especially the lady early in the morning. The room and bathroom were clean. Some people posted their rooms were humid but that's normal with most hotels that do not run the AC in the rooms consistently. I will stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor if you want a view. We were not concerned with it since we were onl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hi NeeshW,

We appreciate your comments and glad that you had a good stay. The lady in the morning, Antonieta, would also want me to say thanks on her behalf. We love love love to have the word 'PERFECT" associated with us, and we take your confidence in us seriously. Come back soon and thanks again!

My sincere thanks,
Vince and the staff of Savoy
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ok-so I got a good deal on a travel site and my boyfriend and I got the free upgrade to room on the 8th floor with a Jacuzzi....room 813 to be exact...well---what happened was there's a $20.00 charge for parking per night in their parking garage under the hotel. Then--when you turn the dial on the wall to get the jet streams to go-then the power goes out in the room except for the bathroom. So-no TV, no jet streams going on the Jacuzzi, just a big warm tub and a maintenance guy who has to knock on your door and your neighbor's door to find out where the fuse box thing is....the management gave us free breakfast comp or you would be paying an extra $14 bucks for breakfast (each). I think for staying in an expensive hotel not to have had electric for a good portion of the night and a non working Jacuzzi----they could have compensated more. If I had paid full price I would have been irate. The view from the room I will say is stunning. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The mini fridge is in the clothes closet. I thought that was strange. Room 813 people---beware! Or bring a squirrel on a wheel to generate your own electricity.....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
LuvinDC, Manager at Savoy Suites Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We are really sorry about the electrical issues that you faced and that we failed to adequately compensate you.
We are thrilled you you loved the great views, beds and other aspects of the Hotel and will try much harder next time.
Thanks for taking the time to let us know.
Noosa, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed one night during a road trip. In order to maximise our time in Washington, we arrived early in the morning and were able to park our car included in the $20 per night car park fee. The room was well equipped, comfortable and quiet. While they offer a shuttle to the metro station, we found the buses were excellent and the stops were very close to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello amp qld

Thanks for your comments and for being a part of the Trip Advisor community. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to better serve and take care of what's most important...YOU!

Warmly,
Joliet, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rooms not the cleanest..carpet and upholstery need updating. Really needs a business center area. Outdoor deck was nice. Friendly accomodating staff. Close to whole foods. Restaurant breakfast left much to be desired..undercooked eggs. Lunched were ok. The AC unit just pulled in and cooled the humid air. Made it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello Jujubee29,

DC humidity deserves a review of its own sometimes, but we don't want it to keep you from a good sleep. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next stay here so I can assist with meeting your room expectations! The beds will still be comfy, and we're saving one for you and the family so come back soon!

Warm Regards,
FREDERICKSBURG, VA.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Anybody who has stayed at the Savoy Suites Hotel in Georgetown, realizes that out the window is the best view of DC, bar none. The room is very fine and classy, while being understated. They need to work a couple things out.

First, they have a European style dropoff area for unloading, what I mean is you circle it clockwise. Got a call from the desk and she said somebody almost hit my car parked out there. The reason they almost hit is nobody in Amer. expects to drive in that way, so they are plus confused as they are doing it.

At checkout I was savvy, and went the correct (nontraditional) way out, and almost hit a taxi cab coming in, who expecte to come in the correct - by America's standards - counterclockwise direction. He was confused. All they need to do is to change the sign that says Exit. That's it, so they should do that FOR SURE before somebody gets hit.

Even though I quite lliked my lodgings there, and would stay again, one further comment. I asked for late checkout. They said 1pm, reluctantly. But they did grant it. However later, when I asked can I leave my car for an hour and a half to eat (this is Sunday, after checkout), they said they would charge me another $20 if I did - i.e. for a second day of parking. I thought, OK, they need me to get out so other people can park there.

But then it hit me, its Sunday! Who is checking in on Sunday? That doesn't make sense. Then later I inspected their parking lot. I was (just about) the only car there. There is no earthly reason why they couldn't let me park there for an hour or so. I mean, it was a ghost town. I would say they were woefully unresponsive to my request.

So I parked at the grocery just down the street.

Would stay here again, but guess I'll just have to get up early if I do? PS, its very affordable.

Room Tip: There was a room I once stayed at here where I could see every one of DC's landmarks in one wide...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hello CB5328,

Thanks for the great and detailed comments about the view as well as our parking. We are working on a number of things in the future to improve our parking here, but I think the view takes care of itself. We have reviewed your comments with the staff and will make sure to get your next visit flawless. Hope to see you back again, CB and safe traveling to you!

Warmly,
São Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

- good cozy room
- friendly staff
- has services nearby (groceries, drugstore, starbucks)
- but the real downside ismthe location... Gotta walk a lot to reach metro, hop on hop off, tourists attractions or the cool streets

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi There dalbuquerque,

Sounds like you really did some exploring, and your comments are very helpful! Thanks so much for your kind words, and we hope that we were helpful with your travel plans! Do come back and see us again now that you have the local traveling down to a science, and we can further assist you with even more options for traveling, like our new shuttle that goes to the subway and beyond! See you again soon...

My Sincere Regards