This was the worst experience I have ever had with a hotel.
In hindsight the red flags were there from the beginning. I called ahead to order a bottle of champagne and the surly front desk clerk told me to call the restaurant to order it. She didn't even offer to transfer me. I called the restaurant and they told me I needed the room number to place the order. I asked to be transferred back to the front desk and was hung up on. Okay, third call for a seemingly simple request. The front desk clerk informed me that I definitely needed to place the order with the restaurant and they don't assign room numbers until check in. Thankfully, I was successfully transferred back to the restaurant where I was able to order the champagne, ten to fifteen minutes after I had first tried. Unfortunately, when we arrived to the room, the champagne was nowhere in sight.
What was in plain sight were the well worn and incredibly lumpy pillows, stained couch, and crooked lampshades. Granted, individually these may not seem like great concerns, but what exactly are we paying almost $400 a night for? The high quality room? The furnishings were comparable to a Motel 6. The service? The staff could not have been more aloof. No one seemed to care about our issues or trying to make things right.
Altogether, the tired and dated looking room, combined with the lack of attention to detail and the deplorable level of service left us wanting to look for a new hotel. We attempted to get a refund, because we weren't happy at all with the accommodation, and were flatly denied. They had our money and they weren't going to let it go.
Even speaking to the manager did nothing to resolve the issue. In fact, he only made it worse. He was condescending, refused to offer us any concessions, and acted like he could not have cared less about our unhappiness with the situation. He even lied to us about not being able to give a refund. He said that we had to go through hotels.com to get the refund, and that it was out of his hands. After calling hotels.com, we found out that they cannot give a refund, the hotel decides whether or not to issue one. After bringing this up with the manager he admitted that it was the hotel's prerogative to give a refund, but they just weren't going to do so. His lying to our faces about it was the final straw. I will NEVER stay at a Savoy Suites again.
I cannot stress enough how terrible this hotel is for the price. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay here. You can do much better for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the charming neighborhood of Glover Park, Savoy Suites Hotel offers easy access to Georgetown, Georgetown University, Georgetown University Hospital and the elite American University. Offering 150 spacious DC hotel guest rooms and suites, Savoy Suites Hotel accommodations are newly renovated, many offering breathtaking views of Georgetown, the Washington Monument, Potomac River and US Capital Building. All guests of Savoy Suites Hotel will enjoy premium Tempur-Pedic beds for a perfect nights sleep and have access to affordable on-site garage parking at $20 per day with free in and out privileges, free WiFi internet and daily access to Roam Fitness Gym on site. Free shuttle service is also available to Georgetown University and the nearest DC Metro. Guests of Savoy Suites Hotel will also enjoy beautifully prepared classic American dishes with rich Mediterranean flavors in Twist Georgetown Restaurant and Lounge. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily, Twist Georgetown Restaurant is also available for private events, weddings, catering and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Savoy Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Washington Dc
- Savoy Hotel Of Georgetown