In DC, it's hard to find a mid-priced hotel that's decent, but Savoy Suites is that and more. The location is between Georgetown and the campus of American University, which we were visiting on a college tour. Savoy Suites is a bit odd-looking -- more like a small apartment building with a circle drive and underground parking. But the daily parking rate is half what you'd pay in downtown DC ($20/day) and it's a snap to go on the elevator from garage to your floor. The beds have foam Tempurpedic mattresses, which we found very comfortable, and lots of pillows. The bathroom was newly renovated and "green" with tubeless toilet paper and soap with a hole in the middle. Loved the shower and soap/shampoo choices. The staff were friendly and breakfast looked good, though pricy at $12 per person (though this included made-to-order omelets). By car, it's five minutes into the heart of Georgetown, a wonderful area to walk and browse shops and restaurants. There is no lobby to hang out in here, but there is a small bar for cocktails. All in all, we felt that Savoy Suites was a good value and a very comfortable place to sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the charming neighborhood of Glover Park, Savoy Suites Hotel offers easy access to Georgetown, Georgetown University, Georgetown University Hospital and the elite American University. Offering 150 spacious DC hotel guest rooms and suites, Savoy Suites Hotel accommodations are newly renovated, many offering breathtaking views of Georgetown, the Washington Monument, Potomac River and US Capital Building. All guests of Savoy Suites Hotel will enjoy premium Tempur-Pedic beds for a perfect nights sleep and have access to affordable on-site garage parking at $20 per day with free in and out privileges, free WiFi internet and daily access to Roam Fitness Gym on site. Free shuttle service is also available to Georgetown University and the nearest DC Metro. Guests of Savoy Suites Hotel will also enjoy beautifully prepared classic American dishes with rich Mediterranean flavors in Twist Georgetown Restaurant and Lounge. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily, Twist Georgetown Restaurant is also available for private events, weddings, catering and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Savoy Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Washington Dc
- Savoy Hotel Of Georgetown