I recently spent three nights at the Savoy Suites and found everything about it quite pleasant except for the minor inconvenience of having to stack pillows in the desk chair to be high enough for the computer keyboard and the major problem of the very sluggish internet connection that sometimes vanished entirely. This was true with my laptop computer in my room or with my iPad in the lobby. It's frustrating when you're on a pleasure trip and want to minimize the time spent taking care of online business to have to wait and wait and wait to accomplish online tasks. Otherwise, the hotel was quite good. Check-in and check-out were friendly and easy; everything was clean and comfortable (the bed was unusually comfortable -- I meant to try to find a label on the mattress so that I could buy one like it, but I forgot); the food was good and the staff serving it friendly and helpful; the location was pleasant though not exciting. It's in a fairly quiet neighborhood. That has its pros and cons. Because I did not have occasion to eat outside of the hotel or to seek out tourist attractions, the location suited me fine. Otherwise, though, I would have preferred to have more restaurants close by and to be closer to a metro stop. (The hotel offers a free shuttle to the closest metro stop, but I'd rather be able to walk down the street to one.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the charming neighborhood of Glover Park, Savoy Suites Hotel offers easy access to Georgetown, Georgetown University, Georgetown University Hospital and the elite American University. Offering 150 spacious DC hotel guest rooms and suites, Savoy Suites Hotel accommodations are newly renovated, many offering breathtaking views of Georgetown, the Washington Monument, Potomac River and US Capital Building. All guests of Savoy Suites Hotel will enjoy premium Tempur-Pedic beds for a perfect nights sleep and have access to affordable on-site garage parking at $20 per day with free in and out privileges, free WiFi internet and daily access to Roam Fitness Gym on site. Free shuttle service is also available to Georgetown University and the nearest DC Metro. Guests of Savoy Suites Hotel will also enjoy beautifully prepared classic American dishes with rich Mediterranean flavors in Twist Georgetown Restaurant and Lounge. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily, Twist Georgetown Restaurant is also available for private events, weddings, catering and business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Savoy Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savoy Hotel Washington Dc
- Savoy Hotel Of Georgetown