“VERY NICE!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Savoy Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Savoy Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Savoy Suites Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2505 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking package
Ranked #46 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Clarksville, Virginia
“VERY NICE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Hotel room is very nice. With a fridge and parking included it's great value and convenience. Location is great for going anywhere; good walking areas in neighborhood. Free wifi was fine on my personal Apple products but strength on work Blackberry and PC were too low to be usuable. Staff is helpful and efficient. I would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside so you face the park.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Savoy Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Woo Hoo! Thanks for the "Very Nice" review! I am so happy you took advantage of the FREE onsite parking too! It's a rarity in DC (and any city for that matter). It looks like we have some checking to do on the WiFi... Now that most guests have 2 - 3 devices per room it uses a great deal of bandwidth on sold out nights. Thanks for letting us know, it may be time to give our WiFi a little boost! Thanks again and hope to see you again soon! MarcAnthony

786 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The title says it all.

Pros:
it is priced reasonably.
It also comes with free Wifi, fee parking.
rooms have a dorm size refrig.
it is very close to whole foods.

Neutral:
Location. Good location. Close to GT and down town. but not in the middle of thing. you still need to drive or take a cab.

Negative:
Bathroom are clean but cheaply renovated ( ikea style), shower stall very small.
Old loud AC/ Heating unit in each room.
Hallway have a smell of old food( smells like left over kabob or currry).

Recommend for a couple of night if on a business trip. I would not stay here for leisure.

Room Tip: for a view of capitol and extra window and light>>>choose a corner room ending with 6. abov...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Savoy Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hi Milo! Thank you for the review and the suggestions to the other TripAdvisor readers... Our first objective is to offer guests a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel in Washington DC. We hoped our affordable rates, Free garage parking, free WiFi and safe Glover Park/Georgetown location is enough for travelers. Clearly we have a little more work to do. You certainly have our attention and additional enhancements are on the way. As far as your room, I would love to learn which room you stayed in so we can investigate your feedback in more detail. My email address is mcrimi@greataddresses.com. I am interested in fixing the AC/Heating unit in the room and prevent it from happening again to the next guest. Looking forward to your replay. MarcAnthony and team.
mooviemadness
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I visited this property during Homecoming week for Howard University. Although I have AAA, I was able to get a better price through booking.com. I had to pre-pay to get the better deal, however. I was disappointed when I got there and the clerk told me that I was booked for a room with 2 queen beds. I had requested, and confirmed, with booking.com that I wanted a king room. The clerk said that the information they’d gotten from booking.com was for a 2-bed room. So I will go back to using AAA.
The lobby and restaurant area were among the smallest I’d ever seen, although they were well kept. The staff was friendly, and very helpful. Parking in the underground garage is free. I suppose this is for security reasons, but the elevator operation requires the scanning of your hotel room card. This also applies when you go to the garage. I had to get accustomed to this procedure; as a claustrophobic, it made me a little nervous when the doors closed and I still had not gotten the green light to push the floor I needed.
The pattern of the rooms upstairs suggested to me that the hotel had been refurbished. If so, they’d done a good job with the updating. The carpeting in the hall was starting to look a little worn. No meals are included with the stay, but compared to other restaurants in the area, I thought the prices were reasonable. I ordered dessert and a drink while I was there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Savoy Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
HI there Movie Madness! Your review means so much to us! Thank you! Sometimes online travel sites can be a bit confusing... the next time you book, be sure to book directly from our website. We offer your AAA discount there as well as over the phone. I am so happy you took advantage of our FREE garage parking... its a rare amenity in hotels these days and we hope it contributed to the overall value of your stay along with the free WiFi and daily access to the Washington Sports Club. PLease be sure to give us another try! We would certainly love to have you stay with us again! Warm Regards - MarcAnthony
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We came into Washington a day early and got a room at the Savoy through Hotwire. The rooms were spacious, nicely appointed and very clean, with extremely comfortable beds. Free Internet and parking we appreciated and the hotel is an easy walk to a number of nice shops and restaurants. The hotwire booking meant we paid much less than the listed price - this was by far the best value/experience of our trip to Washington, we just wish we had more time to explore Georgetown.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear JFK00 - Thank you for the 5 Circle review! We are so lucky you came in that one day early and gave us a try! Hopefully next time we will be lucky to have you for your entire stay! If we are so luckly, be sure to search our website as we have some great value added packages and rate specials. You can sign up for offers by visiting www.savoysuites.com and adding your email address. We promise we won't rent, sell or share your email! Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again! MarcAnthony
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Though this was my first stay at the Savoy, and it was for only one night, the way they treated me made me wonder if they had confused me with their best repeat guest. They provided for a delightful and relaxing stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Thomas! So happy to hear that you enjoyed the red carpet service! As corny as it may sound to some, we are so grateful for each and every guest that comes through our doors. We are true hoteliers that value our guests and this is an industry that we truly truly love. So happy it showed! Does this mean we will see you again on your next visit to Washington DC? All the best! MarcAnthony
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

A group of us were in town for a meeting and chose to stay at the Savoy Suites. Being close to Georgetown made it a convenient walk to a bevy of restaurants and shops. The room was fabulous with a mini kitchen that would have been great if we were staying for more than one night. The breakfast buffet was much better than expected. Overall, a great value in a great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hi Franklin! So happy to hear that you and your group enjoyed your stay at our Georgetown area hotel! We are technically in Glover Park, and having the Vice President as our neighbor makes it one of the safest nabes in town! Hopefully you had time to see the National Cathedral nearby and some of the breathtaking mansions on Embassy Row. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you again! Warm Wishes, MarcAnthony
Vermilion, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Many good points for the location relative to our needs, for the assistance provided by staff, for the newly renovated bathroom, the spaciousness of the room, the presence of a refrigerator in the room, the parking which was included in the price in an area which is notorious for the shortage of street parking. Disappointing for the pillow linens, which bore the odor of hair oils and which suggested they had not been changed appropriately; disappointing for the failure to provide additional bottles of moisturizer & conditioner when half-empty bottles were left on the bathroom counter top; disappointing for the absence of towel bars to hang wet towels after bathing (only one hook provided in shower stall). At over $150/night I feel the management could have done much better!

Room Tip: try booking directly with savoy suites
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Rita! I was so happy reading your review, until I got to the part about the pillow linens and the fact that we didn't refill your sundries after each use. Those were easy ones to miss which makes me very disappointed. I have forward your comments to our Housekeeping departments who I know will just be crushed as they are so used to getting compliments daily! The only thing I can say is that we will get better and its all because of your review. Thank you. Warm Regards and the best to you and yours. MarcAnthony

Been to Savoy Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!