“Very pleased” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Savoy Suites Hotel

Save Saved
You added Savoy Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Savoy Suites Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2505 Wisconsin Ave, NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Parking package
Ranked #36 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
New England USA
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel was perfect for us. A year earlier we stayed right off the Mall, which was nice, but parking was $45 per night and there weren't many places nearby to get food. I saw on Trip Advisor about the Whole Foods a couple of blocks from the Savoy and we went there several times. We appreciated the free parking and wifi and the very spacious room. The beds were super comfortable. The location worked great for us as we mostly were driving to visit family and friends or on one day we drove to downtown and parked in a garage there. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
CarlyleSuitesHotel, Manager at Savoy Suites Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Greetings SJS! Your review (and TripAdvisor icon) put a BIG smile on my face! Thank you so much for the 5 circle review! Yes, Savoy Suites Hotel offers free garage parking, free WiFi and Free daily access to the Washington Sports Club. Those our just some of our fabulous amenities. And I know what you mean about those beds! The beds by the way are Tempur-pedic. One day I had to work a double shift and was lucky enough to sleep over. I swear, I was almost late for my shift because I just didn't want to get out of the bed! SO COMFY! Thanks again for the review and I really do hope you come back to visit us again soon! Cheers - MarcAnthony

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I don't know why this hotel rates so high. As another reviewer said, it's average at best. The location is okay, but it is a brisk ten-minute walk to the busier parts of Georgetown. Parking is a nice to have, although if I had known about DC traffic I would have flown into Reagan and stuck with taxis. The people are usually friendly if somewhat ineffective. The heater didn't really work in my room, only getting up to about 60 degrees at full blast, and when I asked the front desk to send someone, nobody appeared for an hour. When he did show up, he seemed completely oblivious to the fact that I had on my down jacket and gloves, pointed to the thermostat that said "78" and insisted that it was warm because it said "78" and therefore must be warm.

Getting the front desk to call a cab was a complete fiasco. After braving the traffic once, I decided to leave my car in the garage and call the front desk to order a cab an hour in advance for 8:30am. I showed up downstairs at 8:28, didn't see a cab, and asked the front desk where the cab was. They waved vaguely outside, around the corner. So I walked out, looked around, nothing. Walked back in and told them there wasn't a cab. "It's 8:31, you were late so he must have left." After I protested she shrugged and said, "somebody else probably took it." The hotel did NOTHING to try to address this. I insisted they order another cab. They told me one was on its way but after ten minutes of waiting, still nothing. By now I know I'm going to be late for my meeting. No point driving either, because parking had taken so long the day before. The front desk finally told me they didn't think anyone would be coming because it's rush hour. They couldn't have told me this earlier???

By now you're wondering why I'm giving this hotel three stars, or any stars at all. Because there was a courtesy van driver watching all of this unfold, who stepped up to help when I asked if there was anything he could do. He couldn't deviate from his path between the hotel and the Metro station because of insurance reasons, but he did go out of his way to run an extra trip for me, understanding my desperation, chatting to me, dropping me off at the Metro and pointing to the direction for me to walk the rest of the way. I'm pretty sure he risked getting in trouble to do it, and I wish I could have thanked him properly.

I'm really sorry I didn't get this man's name. He was a hero that day - not for saving the situation but for giving me faith that somebody around there had any consideration for what happened to me. Thank you, courtesy van driver dude.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Stompypuppy - Oh My Goodness! When we promised ourselves to leave guests with memorable service, this is not what we had in mind! We really left much to be desired didn't we. This is NOT indicative of the service we offer to our guests and I can assure you that your review has invigorated our mission to offer the BEST, PERSONALIZED service to each and every guest. I know that doesn't mean anything to you know post-stay, just know that you have our attention and we promise to do better for the guests that find their way to our little Georgetown area hotel. Warm Regards - MarcAnthony
Indialantic, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

First the good...the location is ideal if you need to stay in the Georgetown area. If you're planning on touring the historic sites in Washington, I would stay downtown. Unlike many other hotels, the garage parking at the Savoy was free. The TV was High Definition with plenty of channels. The bedroom area was large & clean. The kitchenette had everything you would need. Now the bad...the A/C was loud. It's the type that sits under the window, not centralized. Try to avoid a room facing the street because you could hear the street noise during the night. The bathroom was small with very little counter space (see picture). Also when I checked in, the first thing they had me sign was a statement that I would be charged $50 for early departure. Overall, I would probably stay there again but may look elsewhere first.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Soigal - Please don't let this be your last stay! There was the FREE parking, FREE WiFI, the HD TV's by Samsung, clean, comfortable Tempur-Pedic beds! So there is smallish counter space in the bathroom, coutners-smounters! On your next visit, be sure to try our Grand View rooms... they don't have the kitchens but they have the most BEAUTIFUL views of the Washington Monument, Potomac River and US Capital in the distance. So please come back! We would love to have you home again! :) MarcAnthony
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have recently stayed at the Savoy Suites... and had some serious questions as to why it has such a high ranking amongst hotels in Washington DC. There are some perks, but other than that... you can do better!

The hotel is not in Georgetown, but rather in Glover Park. It is a brisk 20 minute walk to M street and all that is Georgetown. It is, however, in close proximity to a nice selection of restaurants and bars. A Whole Foods and CVS is just a minute away. There is free parking which is unusual for DC hotels, and complimentary wifi in the room.

The rooms have been cheaply renovated, but not modernized. The only modernization is the bathroom which recently been redone... Still, a 3 star rating would be a stretch. The worn out wall paper and art on the walls as well as the dated and bulky furniture tells its own story. The towels are not in the best of shape, nor is the cleanliness of the bathroom.

So after my experience I questioned how this could be one of the top hotels in DC. Certainly not the staff... certainly not the facilties... certainly not the rooms... so I dug further.

Come to find out... much of the BRAVISIMO mantra coming from this hotel is not sincere. If you read the reviews, you will see that most are responded from someone named MarcAnthony Crimi. Who identified himself in more than one review as a manager of the Savoy Suites. If you look deeper on tripadvisor, you also see that this person is a manager at the Carlyle Suites in DC as well as a hotel in Manhattan. This person does exist, but I think things come into prospective when I tell you that he is not even employed by the hotel. A quick google search and I found that he is indeed employed by STRATEGIC HOTEL MARKETING. BASED IN NEW YORK! So the Welcome he plans to give you in DC... ummmm... not so much.

So it is VERY VERY insincere that that a person who is a web marketer pretend to be the manager of a hotel and address and respond to the customer issues.

I'd say book away from this place... you don't know what to believe!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear AroundTheWorld - Your review for the Savoy Suites Hotel is greatly appreciated. Although not the Four Seasons, we do pride ourselves on offering a clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay for guests visiting our Nation's capital. Not a 5 star hotel in the traditional sense, I think we do offer service that is reminiscent of the newer luxury hotels in Washington. As for me being a web marketer... It is in fact one of the many skills I learned in my 20+ year hotel career. If you read my entire profile on LinkedIn or my resume, you would see that I did actually live and work in Washington for Great Addresses, the management company for both the Carlyle Suites Hotel and the Savoy Suites Hotel in DC. I lived at the Carlyle for 3 months and then in Dupont Circle thereafter. DC was once my home and look forward to visiting every quarter when I return. In fact, it was in Washington where I was grateful to work side-by-side with the many dedicated and passionate team members at both of these fine DC hotel properties. So yes, I live in New York, but it makes me no less part of this AMAZING family. Best - MarcAnthony mcrimi@greataddresses.com
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the Savoy Suites this year and I am pleased to relate that the standards at this wonderful hotel remain high.

Not only is the location fabulous, and the rooms large and spotlessly clean, but the staff are still friendly and welcoming. How nice to be greeted with a 'Welcome home!' upon pulling your car up to the free parking garage.

It seems to be a popular spot with airline staff, which should tell you a lot as they always know the best places to stay!

Still highly recommended, it's an amazing hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HI Fadryn! How kind of you to return to our little Georgetown area hotel! We greatly appreciate the review and taking the time to mention our friendly staff. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next trip across the pond! Cheers, MarcAnthony
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've been traveling to Washington, DC every few months to teach a course at American University. The school books faculty into the Savoy Suites Hotel. In a town with lots of choices, it's the staff of this hotel that impress me the most. There's enough stability that I recognize the people behind the counter. And more surprising: they recognize me. When I arrived this time -- my 4th trip -- the woman at the registration desk greeted me by name.

That's a nice touch and there's more to it than that. Whether it's hailing a cab for me or responding to a request of some sort, everyone is responsive and happy to please. The place just exudes a sense of welcome and service.

Located near Georgetown, the hotel is surrounded by a variety of good restaurant choices. It's nice when returning after a full day to be able to walk and find a different kind of food for dinner each night.

The hotel serves a decent breakfast, with made-to-order omelets as part of their buffet. The rooms look fairly recently remodeled. They have a modern style and a reasonable amount of space. And the beds are comfortable.

For a moderately priced place to stay while working, I heartily recommend the Savoy Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Starting From Seattle - Your lovely review made our day and we are so grateful to have you as our guest returning time and time again! You always have a home at the Savoy Suites and look forward to your return... Thanks again my friend! MarcAnthony
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Savoy was a great beautiful location and close to everything. Free safe covered parking is included. The staff is great! Very kind and genuine. Clean rooms and very modern but simple features. They are also VERY "green".

Room Tip: There weren't kid activities and I didn't see a pool :/